Could anybody experienced with tunes help me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will attest to the updated tune I received on my Raptor *2017 about 3 months ago after I got the IWE’s fixed did seem slower. I in fact sent an email about it and Jacob told me that I need to data log it and send back. I figured it might have been since the IWE’s were fixed it got slower some how.

I also had the first tune with them and I had the revision done when I got my intake finally delivered to me from AFE.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
at this point, I basically can't convince them that anything is wrong. I have logged and emailed and they have sent tunes and I have updated, etc.

their stance is basically that all is good, the truck is making good power and nothing is wrong.

Yet from a roll im seeing like 15 psi and at peak im hitting maybe 20 psi, when I was seeing over 20 psi from a roll, and 23 psi peak. Like 2 weeks ago. Ever since I flashed, I just don't see the same boost.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty much given up at this point. Maybe my IWE vac line is leaking boost? I don't ******* know.

Maybe after the holidays Ill buy an MPT tune and see if it helps.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for 5 star but I can tell you if dealer updates your vehicle you may have to contact them so they can change your tune to read with your current strategy ID in truck. But here in the tuning world yes we do run into dealers updating vehicles and we have to update their device. Now on our's if that happens it will tell you on the device and not write a tune. Hope this was helpful

magaraptor

Reaction score
Hyper car development In Cornelius North Carolina put their module on my 18 felt like the truck lost A couple thousand pounds and just rips up the road

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't speak for 5 star but I can tell you if dealer updates your vehicle you may have to contact them so they can change your tune to read with your current strategy ID in truck. But here in the tuning world yes we do run into dealers updating vehicles and we have to update their device. Now on our's if that happens it will tell you on the device and not write a tune. Hope this was helpful

Thanks for the help.

I was told that if the strategy changed at all, the tune simply would not load for them as well.

Current status is that logs to them look like everything is fine, and they are happy with how the truck is running, but from my end, it simply isn't the same as it was just 2 weeks ago. Daily driving (everything but full throttle pulls from a dead stop, I never see over 15 psi, when it went over 20 easily before.

I have a new guy at 5 star that has been more helpful at least, but still no progress.

I will log the most recent tune they sent me, then I also plan to go to stock and log that as a comparison, hopefully to prove it isn't making any more boost than stock.

I live in rural Maine so unfortunately I have very little resources for help on this and I am extremely frustrated.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now what I know of on these turbo's for ecoboost they do not go for a boost goal. What I mean by that is they are not set to hit a certain boost pressure but they have a torque goal. So they will only put out whatever boost is needed to hit the torque goal. So if there goal is let's say 400 ft lbs. Then they will do whatever boost is needed to achieve that. So if it is 5psi or 15psi. We know they can go higher but the computer is saying it is right where it needs to be.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now what I know of on these turbo's for ecoboost they do not go for a boost goal. What I mean by that is they are not set to hit a certain boost pressure but they have a torque goal. So they will only put out whatever boost is needed to hit the torque goal. So if there goal is let's say 400 ft lbs. Then they will do whatever boost is needed to achieve that. So if it is 5psi or 15psi. We know they can go higher but the computer is saying it is right where it needs to be.

that makes sense, and goes along with them replying, "there is more to power than just boost"

but the fact remains that SOMETHING has changed, and I haven't been able to figure out what it is, and there are no shops even remotely close top take it to to get it checked out.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that makes sense, and goes along with them replying, "there is more to power than just boost"

but the fact remains that SOMETHING has changed, and I haven't been able to figure out what it is, and there are no shops even remotely close top take it to to get it checked out.
Now question did they give you a new version of the tune do you know or is it the exact tune file? Only other issue. Only other thing I could think is an actual mechanical issue. I know you said you had no boost leaks.