Corse X pipe resonator delete

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by jaredq22, Sep 9, 2017.

1. jaredq22

jaredq22 Member

Has anyone run this with the stock muffler setup? Is there a lot of drone?

Lets Discuss

2. Sitdown

Sitdown FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

If it sounds decent, it'll make for a nice budget setup. With dumps*, their muffler and resonator delete are a bit aggressive/raspy in mid range for my liking. Plan to try swapping the OE resonator back in, but have considered trialing the stock muffler and res delete first since it'll be easier to do then... Stay tuned

*Their kit is tuned for use with tailpipes, so noting the dumps now to not sway potential users or flame corsa lovers

jaredq22 likes this.
  3. moreda55

moreda55 Full Access Member

Looks like this thread didn't go anyplace... but still interested to hear if anyone has one or got rid of theirs and y

4. ATRaptor

ATRaptor Member

I can speak to this from experience.

In the past I had the resonator delete installed for a couple days with the factory catback and I was surprised by the noticeable increase in interior noise over a completely stock system.

In fact I removed that, re-installed the resonator with the Corsa Sport catback and the interior noise actually went down while exterior noise went up. I like the sport because it is a little louder compared to stock but its not as 'farty' as other more aggressive systems out there (including the Corsa extreme) and the interior noise (with the Sport) is pleasantly quite overall.

Hope this all makes sense and is somewhat helpful.

M3LELENA likes this.
  5. salts001

salts001 Full Access Member

Good to know. I'm now looking at the Corsa Sport as well.

6. Sitdown

Sitdown FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Been running the Corsa Muffler with OE resonator for last 6mo. It is a decent middle ground, but leaning more towards quieter than louder.

My goal is to find something middle ground that leaned more the other direction, just not as extreme as rez delete. Ive since acquired an early borla resonator section, which visually is smaller than the OE resonator to try in its place. Prior to getting this, i bought a pair of bottle style resonators, which i planned to fab in the place of the oe resonator or the corsa delete pipe, but hoping the borla will net me more tone and building the custom pipe (and cutting up a $430 section) wont be necessary.

To the OP and those seeking a budget, stock muffler used kit... Just dumping the stock exhaust will get you more volume. I have a corsa rez delete id sell for anyone looking

7. chujk1985

chujk1985 Full Access Member

Anyone with sound clips of the Corsa sport (muffler only)?

8. Bhollier

Bhollier Full Access Member

I have the full setup from the AFE downpipes with high flow cats, Corsa Xpipe, and Corsa cat back. I can tell you it does have a slight drone (I also have a fully Dynomat interior) and very noticeable when accelerating. I will have some vids in the coming weeks with a go pro on the rear so you can hear it. It is a very aggressive sound outside and with the windows down. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone trying to sneak back into the drive late at night without waking up the entire neighborhood.

M3LELENA likes this.
  9. Jshap

Jshap Member

corsa delete

Id be interested. Send me a DM on price and location. Thanks

10. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 Full Access Member

Let's discuss - Xpipes suck for turbos.

reaper1441 likes this.