Cool article on autoblog about 2012 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I climbed the same "waterfall" section of Death Valley that Top Gear did in their "Trailer" episode... the part where they climbed up the rocky section that destroyed the trailers.

It was a walk in the part, crawled right up without any issues... keep in mind this is with an '11 though. The old "hold the brake" trick works well to keep both front wheels crawling together, so it wasn't a terrible issue not having the TORSEN at the time.

Would be nice to have it though... sounds like those guys had a blast. The Jeep guys that were with me were VERY impressed with the Raptor! There was one part that I went right up, that a Jeep took a few runs to get up... it's not a bad crawler, given you have the clearance.

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the article says the engine was fine tuned to achieve 16mpg. was this confirmed? and can we tune our 11's? sweet article anyway!