Considering going widebody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean to be fair.. the super wide bodies are overkill for me. It seems like the fenders and bedsides are the way to go?
I’m not really sure where the term “wide body” came from it is usually just people doing fenders and bedsides. That is also what you are likely referring to. That is also excluding a one piece front end.

I am running a Blitzkrieg front, so my control arms are plus 2” I am running a plus 2” fender. They also offer a plus 4” fender. Note that dimensions are per side.

My edge of tire is flush or a bit wider than the fender. I am also running zero offset wheels.

In the rear I am stock width axle (for now), no spacers, zero offsets and I am running the plus 2” (2.5” actually) bedsides. It looks fine in my opinion.

If I recall you are in Virginia, or at least near the southeast? If you wanna see some trucks in person, come to the next TORR event. It is at Durhamtown and is a blast.

As far as your truck goes, only you can answer how far you wannna go. It you just wanna stay stock suspension, you can get away with plus 2’s and still look pretty good. People do it all the time.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@mattl600 has a outstanding Gen 2 wide body. Hopefully he can post some pictures for you. Mid travel, by pass, Currie rear axle.

I do... I think... currently at SCV getting 4 linked but here's some older pictures.

it's a full mid travel setup.. so it's about 4" wider up front with -6 wheels.

I went with Innov8 (-6 offset) wheel as my 0 offset Venom wheels didn't survive Baja.

+2 ADV fenders up front and +2.5 in the back. Also I found that 2" spacers are what you need to get a nice even platform all around. I wouldn't advise spacers up front for offloading but if it's just for looks have at it. My rear axle housing will be aftermarket so it'll be 4" wider than stock in the back once the linking is done.

I do plan on going to 39's so I'll be doing McNeil +4" all around.

last photo is my truck next to a buddies with the Anderson Carbon Fenders that he trimmed since 37's did a bit of damage.

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6020.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I do... I think... currently at SCV getting 4 linked but here's some older pictures.

I went with Innov8 (-6 offset) wheel as my 0 offset Venom wheels didn't survive Baja.

+2 ADV fenders up front and +2.5 in the back. Also I found that 2" spacers are what you need to get a nice even platform all around. I wouldn't advise spacers up front for offloading but if it's just for looks have at it. My rear axle housing will be aftermarket so it'll be 4" wider than stock in the back once the linking is done.

last photo is my truck next to a buddies with the Anderson Carbon Fenders that he trimmed since 37's did a bit of damage.

View attachment 413458

View attachment 413460

View attachment 413461

View attachment 413457

View attachment 413459

lol-randy-marsh.gif

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 413458

View attachment 413460

View attachment 413461

View attachment 413457

View attachment 413459

Brother - @mattl600

Sensational build. I am certain that I may have to call you. I think I am comfortable with this exact setup. Photos 1 2 and 3 are perfect.

And I recall you said...

• +2 ADV fenders up front and +2.5 in the back. (Did they come pre colored?)
  • Do spacers in front rear but not if hard core off-roading (I do go off road but not Baha, beach and a tad of farm land)
  • -6 offset wheels from innov8. ( Why this company because of the offset? )

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brother - @mattl600

Sensational build. I am certain that I may have to call you. I think I am comfortable with this exact setup. Photos 1 2 and 3 are perfect.

And I recall you said...

• +2 ADV fenders up front and +2.5 in the back. (Did they come pre colored?)
  • Do spacers in front rear but not if hard core off-roading (I do go off road but not Baha, beach and a tad of farm land)
  • -6 offset wheels from innov8. ( Why this company because of the offset? )

Correct. ADV fenders will need to be painted and fitted.. Fitted first, then painted.

if you do the 2.5" bedsides then you'll want 2" spacers at least on a 0 offset wheel. Mine are -6 as that's what INNOV8 offers only and I was destroying cheaper wheels in Baja.

For the front you'll need to play with that as my mid travel setup brings the front out 2-2.5" on each side on its own. That along with the -6 offset wheels pushes them out a bit. If you did +2 fenders up front and 2" spacers on 0 offset wheels you'd be pretty close but I dont think I'd want to do any serious off-roading in it.

Make sure you go with QUALITY spacers like BORA.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are some photos to illustrate what @mattl600 is discussing.

Mine is a gen 1 so it is a little different but +2 fenders trimmed slightly with a +2 mid travel kit and 0 offsets. Mine are pretty flush with the edge.

Rear is a +2.5, no spacers, stock diff. I don’t necessarily think the truck looks odd without spacers, but when I go with a new diff I will certainly get one that is wider than stock. In the meantime I may get some bora’s.

Also heads up wider front tires tend to send plenty of rocks at my bed sides.

FEC881FA-F3AC-411F-B733-BC00A06DC25F.jpegE33ACF00-DF1D-42F0-BF3F-33F841467706.jpeg1ACAA71C-4112-4756-85F5-84CB5483C243.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting gents. I will definitely revisit this shortly in the future.

@mattl600 What bumper is that again? And light setup.