Color observation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
duly noted sir thanx for the info....i do plan on gettin the 3m protective stuff not sure how much it will help with what you are talkin bout (perhaps when i have issues u can help with detailing options cause im a noob at cleaning )..... was jus worried abt the weak framed blue ones an the black ones have added 20+ hp that i dont think i can handle so i said whites kinda good for me i love the hole black an white theme to.....jk to all you blue owners :ROFLJest:

the 3M will help with bug guts and rock chips on the front, most of the PITA with white is down the sides from tar flinging off the road, and on the top surfaces from sap, so the 3M unfortunately doesn't really help those areas. Definitely a worthwhile investment though, the clear bra will be the 1st mod on my truck when it arrives.

I've had 2 black trucks (now down to just 1) and became uber OCD obsessed with detailing trying to keep the black clean and swirl free. Very difficult color. My fiance had a white SRT-4 neon and as I mentioend swirls weren't the enemy, but sap and tar and road grime were, much more than you'd think would be. That little crap is the enemy to white as swirls are to black.

And I've got a 2tone black/silver 85 F-150 custom painted, and same thing PITA with the black, and the silver is kind of understated, and with a Raptor, understatement subtle isn't the look I'm going for LOL!

I had a red 04 lightning and that showed some swirls, but arrest-me-red is too attention grabbing for me haha.

My fiance now has a sterling gray 5.0 and that color is incredible. Hides the swirls, hides the dirt, and looks awesome cleaned up. Really wish they offered a raptor in "dirt" color.

I went with blue for my '12 raptor order. Will hide swirls better than black, especially being metallic, and will hide sap and tar better than white, and will flash more than silver, but not as much as red :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 3M will help with bug guts and rock chips on the front, most of the PITA with white is down the sides from tar flinging off the road, and on the top surfaces from sap, so the 3M unfortunately doesn't really help those areas. Definitely a worthwhile investment though, the clear bra will be the 1st mod on my truck when it arrives.

I've had 2 black trucks (now down to just 1) and became uber OCD obsessed with detailing trying to keep the black clean and swirl free. Very difficult color. My fiance had a white SRT-4 neon and as I mentioend swirls weren't the enemy, but sap and tar and road grime were, much more than you'd think would be. That little crap is the enemy to white as swirls are to black.

And I've got a 2tone black/silver 85 F-150 custom painted, and same thing PITA with the black, and the silver is kind of understated, and with a Raptor, understatement subtle isn't the look I'm going for LOL!

I had a red 04 lightning and that showed some swirls, but arrest-me-red is too attention grabbing for me haha.

My fiance now has a sterling gray 5.0 and that color is incredible. Hides the swirls, hides the dirt, and looks awesome cleaned up. Really wish they offered a raptor in "dirt" color.

I went with blue for my '12 raptor order. Will hide swirls better than black, especially being metallic, and will hide sap and tar better than white, and will flash more than silver, but not as much as red :ROFLJest:

OK - I think I'm sold on Blue.......for now