Color observation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wanted Blue for my first Raptor and had to settle with Black. I wanted Silver for my Crew and got Silver and love it.

MrTM2

Reaction score
So I'm been killing myself over which color I should get. Want to get a screw with everyting but graphics & nav, but I'm torn between silver and red. Silver will look better dirt & time, but the red is new for 2012 and looks sick! Anybody ever had problems with swirl in their red trucks? I look at this truck as an investment so I don't want the color going to **** after driving through New Mexico like a loony.

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one has a red truck yet :) But I know there were some issues with the GT500's in red at one point with the paint. I've never been a flat red fan but I like the candy with the metalic in it alot. I saw the red on a Focus and decided it wasn't for me though.

I am still 80% towards blue right now. The other 20% is split between white and black and silver. If I get black I'll kick myself the first time i wash it though. OK 90% Blue and 5% each for White and Silver. That being said I would encourage you not to look at the truck as an investment. While it holds value amazingly well I highly doubt it will ever sell for more than you bought it for. I'm not a professional so this is just an opinion but enjoy the truck - don't plan on cashing out of it in the future ;)

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i decided to go with white had a blue truck an it showed everything .....needless to say i grew very tired of it .....i look at my truck as an investment to go out have fun an enjoy life..... i dont plan on selling it actually might look into options of when i die having myself buried in the bed an a single shot put threw the engine block so we both go peacefully togher lol just kidding.....:ROFLJest:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
White is nearly as bad as black. every black spec of dirt and tar shows up, and every bit of yellowish sap or crap shows up on it as well. Hides swirls much better, but still doesn't hide dirt too well.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i wear my mud proud like a badge of honor lol scratches were always my issue not mud ....muds well mud it comes off esasly, but thx for the advice i do have to worry about tree sap freaking stuff is horrid to get off pain in my a$$

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it's not the easy stuff that comes off like Mud i'm talking about, it's the royal PITA stuff like tar and sap. The sides get filled with more specs of road tar than you'd think there really would be, and the top you discover all the shades of sap that have dripped on the truck even if you don't park under a tree lol. Trust me white is almost as bad as black for keeping clean. Way easier as far as swirls, practically invisible on white, but still a royal PITA for keeping clean

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
duly noted sir thanx for the info....i do plan on gettin the 3m protective stuff not sure how much it will help with what you are talkin bout (perhaps when i have issues u can help with detailing options cause im a noob at cleaning )..... was jus worried abt the weak framed blue ones an the black ones have added 20+ hp that i dont think i can handle so i said whites kinda good for me i love the hole black an white theme to.....jk to all you blue owners :ROFLJest:

Last edited: