Colder spark plugs on tuned Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You know, you cannot trust anything sasqueef says.

Yeah, no. I don’t hide behind multiple id’s like you, have never had the need to spend more than 2 minutes to debunk pretty much any post you’ve ever made under your multiple ID’s.

Let’s hold off on the ‘ban MGD’ talk for a few minutes, shall we?

Since you want to engage, ok

Point to your helpful “how to” threads where you illustrate an install.
Link to a thread you began detailing a modification or routine maintenance
Illustrate your actual reason for even posting into threads where you have not only no expertise, but no vested interest - since you don’t even own a Raptor or ecoboost.

The rest of us here -can- do this. We’ve actually tried to make this forum worthwhile and invested in it, all the while you come here to do nothing but **** on threads with your vile trolling.

You’re mentally disturbed, dying for attention and you’re going to end up at some FRF user’s doorstep sooner or later to act on your perverse intentions.
You are a danger.

Everyone here knows you are sasquatch77, then mcnawsty and this is only one of your new FRF id’s. You’ve accused 4 people of being the new sasquatch and it’s pretty clear that it’s actually you, drawing still more attention to yourself.

Now, enlighten us. Point to your positive contributions on fordraptorforum.com

Now we can resume the ban MGD discussion.

OP
OP
T

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
The NKG’s I referred to in my first post did not work. When I pulled them for inspection, the ground strap and base ring were white indicating they were too hot. They were supposed to be 1 range colder but apparently they were one range hotter. Anyway, I didn’t notice any difference in the engine the short time I had them in.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NKG’s I referred to in my first post did not work. When I pulled them for inspection, the ground strap and base ring were white indicating they were too hot. They were supposed to be 1 range colder but apparently they were one range hotter. Anyway, I didn’t notice any difference in the engine the short time I had them in.

Try the sp542, i took others advice here and they work great. Apparently they are the colder ford gt plugs

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I tried the NGK 6509’s which is the same heat range as stock and the SP542’s made the truck run way better and you could tell the difference in the sound at idle. I remember while researching plugs someone said the SP542’s were put in the 2.7 Ecoboost, not sure why Ford didn’t put them in the 3.5 as well.

OP
OP
T

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
Pay attention to the gap itself. Make sure you understand what it should be for that plug in this application. Many here say .025 gap, and you will have to gap your new plugs accordingly.

Thanks, I am aware of the importance of gapping but I would recommend that you pull the plugs and inspect the ground strap, base ring, and electrode to more accurately determine the correct heat range and plug gapping than just using a generic number that someone threw out.