BF Goodrich KO3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be in the market soon for new tires and I’m debating on waiting for the new KO3’s to come out or just save a little cash and go with the KO2’s. I believe the 315/70/17 isn’t coming out until August which is fine.

Based on the research and videos the KO3 seems to be a better tire. I didn’t realize the KO2’s were such an old design.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem is nobody will know until they drop the cash and drive pff the lot. Tires are super subjective to an extent. Good thing is BFG has enough R&D that its probably a safe play. They look less aggressive to me. My bet is that they are another 10% biased towards on road driving…I could be wrong tho. There are so many options now which is the good thing.

OP
OP
Hagasan41

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really does look like a better design all around and I agree it seems it’s been refined to perform better on the street and in the rain.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hard to say. My guess is they will suck in the mud, probably even worse than the KO2. Hope I’m wrong

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had 285/70r17 K03s on my 2003 F150 since December and here are the differences to me if the tire compared to the K02s on my Raptor.

The K03s tread is not as spaced out as the K02, and it shows because they are slightly quieter than the K02. As far as rain and snow performance, they seem the same. Cannot speak for mud performance as I have had no experience for that. Looks wise the K02 looks a little better, as the sidewalls look to have a more tread. K03 looks awesome still though. Honestly if I had to choose between the two I would pick the cheaper of the two, as there isn’t too much of a difference.IMG_0546.jpegIMG_0535.jpeg