Coffin exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Per The Coffin Muffler - Bury the Competition

"Exhaust enters the muffler, and it passes by the "primary vein". Exhaust passing by the primary vein creates a "venturi", (a venturi is a constriction in a tube designed to cause a pressure drop when a liquid or gas flows through it, which results in an increased velocity), between the primary and secondary veins". This increase in velocity between the first and second veins, result in exhaust gases from the vehicle, to speed up the flow through the muffler. As the exhaust continues past the secondary vein, it is able to enter the area called the "resonation dampening space". This space allows both sides of exhaust flow to have the exact same sound tone as it passes through the outlet end of the muffler. When these events take place inside the muffler, the end result, is a muffler with greater flow capabilities, more aggressive sound, better horsepower, and better torque for the vehicle."

Okay, they can't spell, and I'm not sure they know what a venturi is. I think they meant vortex. I'd love do see some science on how sound tone improves greater flow and horsepower and torque increases. I wonder if they really understand their design. Methinks I smell radial turbo halogen fluid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per The Coffin Muffler - Bury the Competition

Okay, they can't spell, and I'm not sure they know what a venturi is. I think they meant vortex. I'd love do see some science on how sound tone improves greater flow and horsepower and torque increases. I wonder if they really understand their design. Methinks I smell radial turbo halogen fluid.

Venturi is exactly what they meant & I am sure you don't know what it is. .......Venturi is the principal to change the speed of air by restricting down the size of the opening gradually. A sudden increase in size of the chamber causes a drop in pressure & rapid expansion. (see "carburetor")

Please....point out the spelling errors

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Vein - It carries blood.
Vane - It directs or changes the flow of a liquid or gas.

A venturi is a thing - hardware - a throatlike passage that changes the velocity and therefore the density of what flows through it. The movement of gas cannot create a venturi. Rather the other way around: a venturi affecst the movement of the gas or liquid that passes through it.

Please refreain from insult. It only impedes the exchange of ideas.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What insult? Anyone can google & try to sound smart, while trying to knock a product they have no knowledge of.
Vortex refers to "spinning"......I saw no mention of that on their web page.
Troll on.

Vane = blade

Vein = channel
Can be used in a variety of ways, depending on intent.......NOT misspelled

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What insults?
- "I am sure you don't know what it is."
- "Anyone can google & try to sound smart."
I thought the subject was this muffler.

The welds indicate that there are vanes inside the muffler which direct airflow to produce certain sonic effects. I believe the technology may be very similar to that used by Flowmaster. Use of the term "vein" in this context would be awfully irregular. As incorrect as if it had been spelled "vain" instead of "vein."

In any case, one does not create a venturi via the use of a vane, or if you insist, a vein. Perhaps a reference to the Bernoulli effect is what was intended.

DynoDynge, I gather that you work for the company since both you and it are located in Visailia, California. You might take some of the hints from this discussion and refine the ad copy. Just a friendly suggestion. You might also consider providing sample dyno runs to back up the horsepower and torque increases that are claimed, and back up the MPG increases claimed with some statistics.

Nice chat, but the point of diminishing returns has been reached and passed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't you special!
No, I do not work for the company
No, the point of this thread was an install I had done.
No, misspelling & using a word out of context are two different things
Thanks for trying to make this thread about hp claims & your mental superiority to a hard working business owner...troll on

"Nice chat, but the point of diminishing returns has been reached and passed."
No sh@t!!

Last edited: