COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but coming from the diesel tuning world, upping the power on the ECM and not properly matching the TCM leads me to believe that one would be asking for transmission issues; no? I know on my 6.7 powerstroke it was a big no no to modify the ecm and not the tcm as well...

I think thats a Ford Diesel transmission thing. With my duramax it was recommended but not 100% necessary. I just wish Ford would use the same programming as GM. The GM version is way smoother and had quicker shifts.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming cobb leaves all oem tune safety features in place? Just pulled trigger on stage 1+ after 2 years of ownership. Never really felt comfortable with a tune until now.

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but coming from the diesel tuning world, upping the power on the ECM and not properly matching the TCM leads me to believe that one would be asking for transmission issues; no? I know on my 6.7 powerstroke it was a big no no to modify the ecm and not the tcm as well...

It really depends on how much more torque you're adding and what the transmission is capable of holding. On the Stage 1 tune it isn't an issue. At some point, TCM tuning will certainly be recommended or even required. So far though, we haven't reached that point. Additional testing will tell!

I’m assuming cobb leaves all oem tune safety features in place? Just pulled trigger on stage 1+ after 2 years of ownership. Never really felt comfortable with a tune until now.

The maps are built on the same logic the OE uses. We do make several adjustments to allow for more power but nothing is removed. All of the torque/ignition/knock safety threshold stuff is retained. We actually added more precautions in, like setting KOM to -1 if the truck overheats due to poor conditions or some mechanical issue. Rest assured, the tune doesn't sacrifice any reliability and is thoroughly tested!

Kyle@COBB

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We will be getting the transmission tune if we paid for the Stage 1+ correct?

Based on my conversations with Cobb, there is currently no TCM tune. They will be releasing some eventually, but not immediately (as in not included with stage 1+).

The TCM tuning is not currently included with the Stage 1+ tune at this time. However, if you've purchased an Accessport V3 for your truck, you will be able to download updated maps to your AP once COBB makes them available.

First, you'll download the Accessport Software to your computer. Available for PC or Mac. This will allow you to connect your AP to your computer. From COBB's site, you will be able to download the updated maps to your computer. Then via the software program you downloaded, you'll be able to transfer the new map to your PC. Once the new map is loaded to your AP, you can then connect to your truck and install the new tune file.

I think thats a Ford Diesel transmission thing. With my duramax it was recommended but not 100% necessary. I just wish Ford would use the same programming as GM. The GM version is way smoother and had quicker shifts.

@cwylie is correct. The TCM tuning for the 6R140 was specific to the diesel. Also, keep in mind that when diesel guys are cranking up the power, they're adding 350+ lb/ft of torque at ~1500 rpm.

Multiple safety parameters are used by COBB. Click here for the full Map Notes from COBB: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/725155894/Ford+Raptor+Map+Notes

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you can go to any Subaru forum and buy a used AP for $450 or so. Download the tune and go... Just saying boys.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or you can go to any Subaru forum and buy a used AP for $450 or so. Download the tune and go... Just saying boys.

Good idea but you need to get a V3 since the V2 isn’t supported anymore.

New platform, you want to be able to update all the latest and greatest.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: Even though the Accessports are the same, they have a different part number. YMMV.