COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting to purchase however can anyone conclusively state whether the tune can be pulled when taken in for warranty work? Also whether the dealer can tell if it was on there?

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stage 1+ ordered. I should have the AP and 93+ Stage 1 tune installed by the end of the day tomorrow. Hopefully I have time to install the CAI this weekend.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting to purchase however can anyone conclusively state whether the tune can be pulled when taken in for warranty work? Also whether the dealer can tell if it was on there?

Any flashes to the ECU register. You've always been able to revert back to stock with the Accessport, same as you can with the NGauge. If the dealer wants to, they can absolutely see the flash count showing that the ECU has been flashed at some point.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

If your dealer wants to find it, they can. Every time the ECU is flashed, it restarts the number of ignition cycles on your truck. So, if you go into the dealership with an issue and they start digging and they see that your truck only has 3 ignition cycles, then something isn't adding up.

That being said, I would always recommend flashing back to stock when taking your vehicle in for service, including routine maintenance. You dealer may flash your ECU while in for service as updates occur. Once service is complete, reinstall your tune and save your new stock map.

Carbibbles

Reaction score
Hey guys, as an aside I want to note:

These maps are not meant for towing use. It's recommended to revert your tune back to Stage 0 when towing or hauling. With Stage 0 installed, you will still be able to use:
  • Dynamic Pedal Control
  • Auto Start/Stop Activation
  • Gauges
  • Datalogging

Dynamic Pedal Control is disabled in the Stage 0 map. The stage 1 tune is probably fine to tow with, I towed a small trailer with 800lbs on it no problems. Cobb just hasn't had a chance to do extensive tow testing to sign off on it yet for extreme towing.