GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was able to put my personal development truck back on the dyno after a busy few months! COBB FMIC, COBB CAI, E50, Boost was 21.42psi. Cobb Accessport of course. Right where I thought it would be 482whp! After a few tweaks I was able to squeeze some more power out of it. Proud to see this truck finally hit the BIG 500whp mark!

Gains over stock 91oct: A very REAL +139whp. Again, no unlearned marketing gimmicks. This is hours and hours and hours of development. #Goosetuned

236399E5-AABD-4612-AAB4-DF63E2031947.jpeg

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to put my personal development truck back on the dyno after a busy few months! COBB FMIC, COBB CAI, E50, Boost was 21.42psi. Cobb Accessport of course. Right where I thought it would be 482whp! After a few tweaks I was able to squeeze some more power out of it. Proud to see this truck finally hit the BIG 500whp mark!

Gains over stock 91oct: A very REAL +139whp. Again, no unlearned marketing gimmicks. This is hours and hours and hours of development. #Goosetuned

View attachment 130214

damn thats badass

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 130214

Big numbers, great work!

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My stage 2 goose tune puts a smile on my face every day, when I have passengers it makes them giggle and shake their heads in disbelief. Thank you for the awesome tune!!!!
Btw no cel or any issues whatsoever!!!!

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to throw my .02 in the hat from my experience so far....

Bought truck completely stock back in Jan, have since put 21k ish miles on it to date.

Stock-(18,500 miles in this config) truck felt sluggish and very laggy unless in manual mode above 3400 rpm's, overall very disappointing from everything I thought the truck would be coming from a 5.0 Lariat that was totaled before I picked up the raptor. Many road trips and fun runs down backroads or tank trail roads left a lot to be desired on responsiveness and power delivery unless really wringing its neck (probably not the best for longevity).

Cobb OTS 93 Map W/K&N drop in filter/Fresh SP 542 Plugs Gapped at .028-(650ish miles in this config) truck picked up power across the rev range and was quite a bit more responsive especially after adjusting the DPC up to around 5. The only real issue I personally had was that is was still surging near the top end due to the turbo lag and felt more like trying to ride a 600cc sport bike fast everywhere. It was significantly better than stock but still not all the way there. Overall the best upgrade for someone trying to stay as stock as possible and get the best bang for the buck especially when you can pick up a used Cobb AP for less than an intake these days.

GooseTuned 93 Map W/above mentioned additions-(1k ish miles in this config) what more can be said about Win that hasn't already been said, his tune came in hot and kept impressing from there on. Initial impressions were great improvements over the OTS map in the form of almost instant turbo response that was commensurate with throttle input as well as improved performance throughout the powerband from 2k on to redline. I was actually able to turn my DPC down from 5/6 down to 3/4 during my most spirited of driving, this allowed me more pedal feel and controllability in throttle control without having to constantly feel like I was stabbing the pedal to get it to goooo…….. 4 revisions later and it just got butter smooth and even more responsive. I will say that with the added performance and stock IC that it would start to heat soak after more than 2 back to back runs in the 90+ degrees day here at Ft. Campbell, but this is to be expected with my stockish setup.

GooseTuned E50 Map-(900 ish miles so far) noticeable "Butt Dyno" increase in power over my time driving with the 93 map. It just felt stronger overall from idle through to redline with the biggest difference being temps. Running E50 seems to make my motor much happier and keep temps down longer and even allows them to come down quicker than before. I can get 4 to 5 back to back runs without having to worry about heat soak like before. Im currently on my 3rd revision and it again is only getting smoother and more responsive as Win continues to refine the tune. This by far has been the most fun driving the truck I have had so far and cant wait to get it completely dialed in as the truck is making great power and pulls like no other truck this size I have personally ever been in.

I will stick to this current set-up until I decide what IC, exhaust, and downpipes I want to go with as that will be my last big hoorah with this truck. It will continue its life as a daily for a while and I will update if anything changes from here but I feel like the truck is running exactly how it should have come from the factory and is putting smiles on my face daily while also surprising a lot of people in their "Fast Cars."

@wgr73 Thanks for everything so far truck has been reborn due to your tireless efforts and constant communication back and forth, you have truly been the best tuner I have ever worked with on any vehicle I have ever tuned and I will continue using your for whatever tuning needs my truck will have.

If there is anyone in the Ft. Campbell, KY area that wants to do a side by side comparison with their truck with any mods whatsoever I'm also down for it just PM me, If there are any recommendations for Hard Parts from actual experience I'm all ears...…..

Last edited:
OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just want to throw my .02 in the hat from my experience so far....

Bought truck completely stock back in Jan, have since put 21k ish miles on it to date.

Stock-(18,500 miles in this config) truck felt sluggish and very laggy unless in manual mode above 3400 rpm's, overall very disappointing from everything I thought the truck would be coming from a 5.0 Lariat that was totaled before I picked up the raptor. Many road trips and fun runs down backroads or tank trail roads left a lot to be desired on responsiveness and power delivery unless really wringing its neck (probably not the best for longevity).

Cobb OTS 93 Map W/K&N drop in filter/Fresh SP 542 Plugs Gapped at .028-(650ish miles in this config) truck picked up power across the rev range and was quite a bit more responsive especially after adjusting the DPC up to around 5. The only real issue I personally had was that is was still surging near the top end due to the turbo lag and felt more like a trying to drive a 600cc sport bike fast everywhere. It was significantly better than stock but still not all the way there. Overall the best upgrade for someone trying to stay as stock as possible and get the best bang for the buck especially when you can pick up a used Cobb AP for less than an intake these days.

GooseTuned 93 Map W/above mentioned additions-(1k ish miles in this config) what more can be said about Win that hasn't already been said, his tune came in hot and kept impressing from there on. Initial impressions were great improvements over the OTS map in the form of almost instant turbo response that was commensurate with throttle input as well as improved performance throughout the powerband from 2k on to redline. I was actually able to turn my DPC down from 5/6 down to 3/4 during my most spirited of driving, this allowed me more pedal feel and controllability in throttle control without having to constantly feel like I was stabbing the pedal to get it to goooo…….. 4 revisions later and it just got butter smooth and even more responsive. I will say that with the added performance and stock IC that it would start to heat soak after more than 2 back to back runs in the 90+ degrees day here at Ft. Campbell, but this is to be expected with my stockish setup.

GooseTuned E50 Map-(900 ish miles so far) noticeable "Butt Dyno" increase in power over my time driving with the 93 map. It just felt stronger overall from idle through to redline with the biggest difference being temps. Running E50 seems to make my motor much happier and keep temps down longer and even allows them to come down quicker than before. I cant get 4 to 5 back to back runs without having to worry about heat soak like before. Im currently on my 3rd revision and it again is only getting smoother and more responsive as Win continues to refine the tune. This by far has been the most fun driving the truck I have had so far and cant wait to get it completely dialed in as the truck is making great power and pulls like no other truck this size I have personally ever been in.

I will stick to this current set-up until I decided what IC, exhaust, and downpipes I want to go with as that will be my last big hoorah with this truck. It will continue its life as a daily for a while and I will update if anything changes from here but I feel like the truck is running exactly how it should have come from the factory and is putting smiles on my face daily while also surprising a lot of people in their "Fast Cars."

@wgr73 Thanks for everything so far truck has been reborn due to your tireless efforts and constant communication back and forth, you have truly been the best tuner I have ever worked with on any vehicle I have ever tuned and I will continue using your for whatever tuning needs my truck will have.

If there is anyone in the Ft. Campbell, KY area that wants to do a side by side comparison with their truck with any mods whatsoever I'm also down for it just PM me, If there are any recommendations for Hard Parts from actual experience I'm all ears...…..

Wow man! Thank you very much for your well written review from stock all the way to this point. It really helps the community and builds a knowledge base for people who are looking to purchase and modify/upgrade in the future. Thank you for your honest review! You’ve been a pleasure to work with. We will keep revising so keep an eye out for an email!