GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is bad news for those of us who are trying to convince ourselves that we're sticking with bolt-ons only for warranty purposes!!

@wgr73 I've got a couple of quick questions regarding supporting modifications. COBB says Stage 2 requires their FMIC. I've been looking at intercooler options that are stock-location replacements, such as the Whipple, Mishimoto, and CVF Titan. With one of those intercoolers, would I need to stick with a Stage 1 tune or would Stage 2 be OK?

Also, regarding other bolt-ons: I saw a comment way back in this thread that you hadn't seen much in the way of gains with turbo adapters. What are your thoughts on the AMS turbo inlet tubes / boost tubes? Right now I'm only running a Roush CAI and JMS Boost Max / Pedal Max, but am interested in picking up additional bolt-ons that will support a tune in the future.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey! Hahaha too funny!!

I really love the COBB Front Mount Intercooler. Fitment is spot on and quality is excellent! With a Front Mount Intercooler you want to do stage 2, stage 1 is for a stock Front Mount Intercooler.

I personally have seen little to no impact on power with any of those modifications. The boost tubes are fairly new to the market. I’ve tuned a few of them and again, haven’t seen much of a gain.

I’d you want the biggest gains get good fuel. That helps the most.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man reading all these good things is getting me so anxious to get my tune installed and dialed in. Looking at the cobb accessport on my counter everyday is torture. Hoping the IC is delivered soon!

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Man reading all these good things is getting me so anxious to get my tune installed and dialed in. Looking at the cobb accessport on my counter everyday is torture. Hoping the IC is delivered soon!

Get it done! Very easy to go thru the process

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey! Hahaha too funny!!

I really love the COBB Front Mount Intercooler. Fitment is spot on and quality is excellent! With a Front Mount Intercooler you want to do stage 2, stage 1 is for a stock Front Mount Intercooler.

I personally have seen little to no impact on power with any of those modifications. The boost tubes are fairly new to the market. I’ve tuned a few of them and again, haven’t seen much of a gain.

I’d you want the biggest gains get good fuel. That helps the most.

Good to know on the other modifications. So just to confirm, an upgraded stock location intercooler like the CVF / Mishimoto / Whipple is good for a Stage 1 tune only, not Stage 2?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good to know on the other modifications. So just to confirm, an upgraded stock location intercooler like the CVF / Mishimoto / Whipple is good for a Stage 1 tune only, not Stage 2?

Im sorry maybe I misunderstood. Those Front Mount Intercoolers can be used for stage 2. Depending on how effective they are (typically aren’t as effective as say, a COBB Front Mount Intercooler, we can be a little bit more aggressive.

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to my previous post, for any of those wondering about real world performance I went from a 5.5 sec 0-60 (stock/learned) to a consistent 4.5 sec 0-60 in everyday normal driving conditions post GooseTuned e50 learned tune. All tests were ran in 80+ degree weather, 80-100% humidity, and at a 1100 ish ft da. The tune is where you are going to make all of your power from, do it and never look back.......

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your strategy for pulling 4.5 (which mode / launch) honestly 4.5 is a bit hard to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro