GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is a “post recall” tune (COBB) update that needs to be done after updating with ford for the latest cam phaser update/recall

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question for those that have a Cobb OTS tune. How often should you load the updates Cobb puts out on a somewhat regular basis?

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been out of the loop... so is there yet ANOTHER dealer flash required. Or, if you got the cam phaser flash from them and the associated Cobb update all is well?
There is not another dealer flash post the FSA 21N03 that I am aware of or have seen on my Ford Pass App or otherwise. I wish COBB would send an email to make people aware of updates vs just checking for updates via the AP, which I tend to forget since I am not switching tunes very often anymore.

I went ahead an updated my AP this morning. When I plugged back into the truck it was able to read Winfield’s maps (nothing was greyed out). I was gonna fill up with e85 today since getting warmer in Wisconsin, but now I am hesitant because I am nervous I’ll fill up and not be able to switch from 93 tune to e85 tune.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only other flash is 21N08 which is to correct a shudder (if you get the shudder, i did not) after the 21N03 flash. But this was released at the same time as the 21N03 so cobb is smoking crack?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha. So I have already done the 21N03 flash at $tealership and the Cobb update for it. Then IIRC did a log for Winfield to make sure everything was still copacetic.
So I did the 21N03 as well back in the fall. All I did was uninstall the AP from the truck, have the dealer do the update, repair the AP to the truck and reflash. I did do a firmware update on the AP prior to reinstalling the tune, all was fine, no issues didn't relog or anything. Dunno.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I did the 21N03 as well back in the fall. All I did was uninstall the AP from the truck, have the dealer do the update, repair the AP to the truck and reflash. I did do a firmware update on the AP prior to reinstalling the tune, all was fine, no issues didn't relog or anything. Dunno.
Same here too.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the same. I may have been imagining the part about sending Winfield a log... sometimes I'm doing good to rememeber what I did yesterday.