Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, This past weekend I moved my front spring perch's to the middle position (the truck looks awesome). While on stands, I cleaned the undercarriage and applied the Am soil MPHD. I've had this product longer than the Raptor, 1 year.

I really wish that I had applied it sooner, my shocks are already pitted, and it's been a mild winter. As for the product itself, I am really impressed. It does leave a yellow tint to things like the Fox shocks and the aluminum control arms. However, it makes the frame and any rusty metal look new again.

I ended up using 2 full cans, and I plan on touching it up in the fall. I would say that if you are worried about rust and corrosion give this product a try.

I also painted the rust on the brake disc with ceramic caliper paint. As well as painting the rear wheel wells with professional rubberized undercoating. Now, I just have to wash the top side and apply a good coat of wax to get her ready for summer.:peace:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, This past weekend I moved my front spring perch's to the middle position (the truck looks awesome). While on stands, I cleaned the undercarriage and applied the Am soil MPHD. I've had this product longer than the Raptor, 1 year.

I really wish that I had applied it sooner, my shocks are already pitted, and it's been a mild winter. As for the product itself, I am really impressed. It does leave a yellow tint to things like the Fox shocks and the aluminum control arms. However, it makes the frame and any rusty metal look new again.

I ended up using 2 full cans, and I plan on touching it up in the fall. I would say that if you are worried about rust and corrosion give this product a try.

I also painted the rust on the brake disc with ceramic caliper paint. As well as painting the rear wheel wells with professional rubberized undercoating. Now, I just have to wash the top side and apply a good coat of wax to get her ready for summer.:peace:

Thanks for your update. Any pics of the shocks with the coating in it? Just want to see how yellow they turn out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Questions about the DIYer undercoating

Just bought my 2012 Raptor Screw a few weeks ago and am planning on doing an undercoating myself. I have seen Amsoil and Boeshield as the poplular choices but has any heard of or tried TC-11?

I am also curious when applying the metal protector is you just spray the heck out of everything undneath the truck? Obviously you don't want to get any of this stuff near the brake pads/rotors.

Any recommendations of a product and suggestions on the way to spray the underneath would be appreciated.

I'm a newbie here so I don't want to screw this up.

Thanks!

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if heat burns it off? Not sure how hot things get under there. It does say it leaves a waxy flim. Wax melts if I am understanding this correct.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I finally picked up my truck friday, its everything I wanted and more. And this thing is a chick magnet haha. Anyway, I figured some of you might be interested in a clear undercoat I applied so I got a few pictures for everyone to take a look at. I think it came out very nice, not to mention it doesn't make a mess like a traditional undercoat. All the pictures are with the undercoat applied, if you look closely you may see a slight yellow haze on things and that is the undercoat itself. I think its a good idea for anyone who likes to keep the bottom of their truck looking as good as the rest. As a tech I hate to see brand new cars with the bottom rotting out after 5000 miles.
This sounds easier than crawling under my truck with a toothbrush and a waterpik to keep it clean.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We been using this stuff in the industry for long term storage of machined items, it displaces moisture and penetrates surface rust. It leaves a ‘wax like’ self-healing coating.
I sprayed the underside of my new truck shortly after getting my hands on it, and every time I work on it I spry down all exposed surfaces prior to reassembly. I just installed the RPG stage three and sprayed down all contact areas prior to assembly and the outside of all components after assembly.
It has a tendency to disappear from the hot components of the exhaust system.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you think it would do in the Florida heat? I am thinking with the heat from the truck combined with the weather not so good, it may drip off/melt off/evaporate.

What do you think?