Claims of Raptor Being Too Wide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a truck. So it’s a little wider- try a megacab longbed HD Cummins on for size if you really wanna see a parking nightmare lol

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should get one of those new Rangers or an explorer if you have issues driving bigger vehicles.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTH who said the Raptor is too wide and not daily driver friendly? I live in Los Angeles area .. if you've ever been there,.. it's tiny & crowded street, tiny parking, and I'm driving it every day, I actually see many other Raptors in LA area and downtown LA and don't see any problem at all

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine a month ago and I was worried about the same things. It's definitely wide, so it takes a little getting used to when parking in tighter parking spaces. I typically just park a little further away so I have room and don't have to cram into a tight spot.

Clearance can be an issue... my work parking garage has a clearance of 6'6" and it definitely did not look like it'd fit. I found another close by garage that is 6'8" and it fits in there. I haven't had any problems anywhere else though, and I frequently drive through downtown Denver where the roads are much narrower than out in the burbs where I live. The truck is really easy to drive, especially with the help of all the cameras onboard.

Dhowell

Reaction score
How exaggerated are the claims that the raptor is too wide and won't work as a daily driver? I'm very interested in one, but I'm afraid that it will be a pain to live with on a daily basis as parking would be a challenge, and it won't fit in parking garages, or that it won't go through some narrow toll booths.

Reading threads here, it is agreed that the raptor is probably one of the widest passenger vehicles available right now, but is it so wide that you guys would have to think twice before heading out?

Thanks!

It's wide, but you get used to it really quick. I went from a VW GTI so it was quite an adjustment for me, but it literally only took about a day. The first time I got in the Raptor, I was thinking "shit this thing is huge", but now I wouldn't change it for anything.

The biggest issues seem to be parking spaces are tight (better fold your mirrors), and there aren't many car washes that they will fit through. Other than that I love mine as a daily driver. I've got a 4 year old and a 6 year old (car seat and a booster seat). They both fit great in the back and still leave enough room for an adult to sit in the middle very comfortably. The ONLY time I think twice about taking the Raptor somewhere is the airport. I HATE parking next to people (in any car), and the airport parking lots are always full and the spaces are tiny no matter what you drive.

My $0.02 is go for it man. I LOVE mine as a daily driver. Good luck!!

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mirrors are the same width as a standard f150 and are the widest part of the Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle F

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not an issue for me. The size of the truck has never bothered me at all.