Claims of Raptor Being Too Wide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wingman335

Reaction score
How exaggerated are the claims that the raptor is too wide and won't work as a daily driver? I'm very interested in one, but I'm afraid that it will be a pain to live with on a daily basis as parking would be a challenge, and it won't fit in parking garages, or that it won't go through some narrow toll booths.

Reading threads here, it is agreed that the raptor is probably one of the widest passenger vehicles available right now, but is it so wide that you guys would have to think twice before heading out?

Thanks!

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I daily mine and love it. Sure, its a bit wide, but semis and box trucks gothrough toll booths and such. No way it's too wide for U.S. roads. In terms of parking, it's more of a height issue. You do have to be mindful and check the clearance signs. I wouldn't go into a garage that has a clearance less than 6'10". But mine fits in my underground garage at work, and I've never had a situation where I couldn't find a place to park it.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How exaggerated are the claims that the raptor is too wide and won't work as a daily driver? I'm very interested in one, but I'm afraid that it will be a pain to live with on a daily basis as parking would be a challenge, and it won't fit in parking garages, or that it won't go through some narrow toll booths.

Reading threads here, it is agreed that the raptor is probably one of the widest passenger vehicles available right now, but is it so wide that you guys would have to think twice before heading out?

Thanks!

Non issue for any real man!

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non issue for any real man!

LOL! I spit out my coffee a bit reading that OX..

raptor is too wide and won't work as a daily driver?

wingman, I daily mine when I'm home without much hassle. Now it can be a bit of a pain at times but that goes with pretty much any large vehicle, but it's not that bad. My garage is 84" tall and on 37s I have 1 inch to spare lol.. so knowing that I don't park anywhere that is covered. as for how wide it is.. all main roads in cities, highways, etc are 8 ft wide so you'll have room. I know a touchless car wash by me has bollards a little closer together than that which made me nervous the only time I used it.

OP
OP
W

Wingman335

Reaction score
Completely exaggerated. I've been driving one daily since 2011... You can do it without issues.

Yes it's wide, I park it carefully, but I do that with all my cars.

Thanks for the feedback- I've been careful with my cars as well, so that's not an issue. I just don't want to think twice about "if there will be a wide enough parking" whenever I feel like hitting the road.

OP
OP
W

Wingman335

Reaction score
I daily mine and love it. Sure, its a bit wide, but semis and box trucks gothrough toll booths and such. No way it's too wide for U.S. roads. In terms of parking, it's more of a height issue. You do have to be mindful and check the clearance signs. I wouldn't go into a garage that has a clearance less than 6'10". But mine fits in my underground garage at work, and I've never had a situation where I couldn't find a place to park it.

Thanks! Has there ever been a time when you came across a parking garage that was less than 6'10" high?

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fact that people actually say it cant be daily driven is astounding to me.. its a normal car thats just a little wider. If anything it isnt wide enough lol

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues driving mine daily. It's definitely wider and longer, but nothing too bad. I'm not in the city, so my parking options are usually very accommodating.