Chrome ford on tailgate...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjburns78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on smoking or tinting the chrome ford emblem that house there rear cam?

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of fans of plasti dip have used it. There are several threads on removing it, scuff sanding and painting it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't remove mine. Didn't scuff it either. Taped it shot about 6 thin layers and done. One year later still looks the same. No scuffs or peeling.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea just take it off and paint it thats what i did and a bunch of others and you can change the color anytime you want to

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i plastidipped mine. it still looks great after over a year

im at work so i cant post any pics but if u look thru my build thread its in there

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I scuffed and painted match the other emblems and fender flares when I replaced the ford logo on the tailgate. Duplicolor dark shadow gray plus matte clear. Details in the billet badges vendor area

Classiccar

Reaction score
It's funny that you started this post. I did mine last night and was getting ready to post the pics so here they are. i did mine in Plastidip. I also did the reflectors on my mirrors. Used less than half a can. about 30 minutes.

Attachments

• logo 1.jpg
    logo 1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 62
  • logo 2.jpg
    logo 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 66
  • logo 3.jpg
    logo 3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 66
  • logo 4.jpg
    logo 4.jpg