Chris Ross Build Underway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got some time to read this build... You are not at all concerned with the safety of a bolt in roll cage? I have never heard of anyone promoting the safety of a bolt in roll cage. Is there a race sanction body that will approve this? Or are you just saying this is for the regular driver that is not going to run their Raptor hard off road... I am in no way calling you out on this since I have been out of the system for a while... Just wondering if the rules have changed...

Hockster, I considered a full cage, and may do one yet. However, this truck is not ever going to be raced. It is only for my enjoyment.

The cage that is going in will offer considerable additional security in the event of a roll without having to rework the previously done custom interior to accommodate a full cage.

Also the cage allows me to run harnesses too.

Anyway, I am in no way suggesting that someone who plans to use their truck in a full race environment consider my cage approved by any race sanctioning body.

Also, There is a huge amount of enthusiasts who DON'T want to and can't afford to completely rework their dash, seats, headliner etc. to run a full race cage, but would like a bit of extra security anyway.

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is RPG going to have a load test of some sort done with this cage ?

Or have they done some kind if real world testing with it to ensure that it's not going to become a danger to you or another person who installs it, in the event of a crash ?

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Hockster, I considered a full cage, and may do one yet. However, this truck is not ever going to be raced. It is only for my enjoyment.

The cage that is going in will offer considerable additional security in the event of a roll without having to rework the previously done custom interior to accommodate a full cage.

Anyway, I am in no way suggesting that someone who plans to use their truck in a full race environment consider my cage approved by any race sanctioning body.

Also, There is a huge amount of enthusiasts who DON'T want to and can't afford to completely rework their dash, seats, headliner etc. to run a full race cage, but would like a bit of extra security anyway.

Yes you did do quite the custom interior. Even a daily driver can bennifit from a roll cage, the way people are not paying attention while driving is getting worse.
So no "Head to Head match race with SPRSNK" ? Could have been fun !

I am sure Jarret will be able to post a picture of the fitting for all to see how strong that peice really is.

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you did do quite the custom interior. Even a daily driver can bennifit from a roll cage, the way people are not paying attention while driving is getting worse.
So no "Head to Head match race with SPRSNK" ? Could have been fun !

I am sure Jarret will be able to post a picture of the fitting for all to see how strong that peice really is.

HAH, Anytime SPRSNK wants to come down to Cabo and play he is always welcome. I will even have it filmed from my friends ultralight.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ah ok... Ive been out of this stuff for a while and was wondering if something has changed... Cool!!!

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of the requests Chris had was for us was to not rip apart his amazing interior anymore than needed... The beauty of this cage is in the simplicity of the design. It will be a full bolt in assembly that can be shipped right to your door, no welding required and not all that hard to put in. The cage itself is mounted to the body mounts for extra strength, and will allow you to run 4 point belts. It won't save your truck in case of a roll-over, that is what insurance is for. However it will save you and the family so you can go offroading again. This will be a product that will be hitting our brochure soon.

Pics of the progress so far
DSC_0638.jpg
DSC_0639.jpg
DSC_0661.jpg
DSC_0665.jpg
DSC_0663-1.jpg

:hail: That bolt-in cage is going to be a big hit amongst us mere mortals! Can't wait to see more!

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Front end parts are starting to get cut out and tacked up. Knuckle is being cut on Monday and we are starting to move along. Rear paneling is about 75% done and looking really good.

Gonna take a bunch of pics tomorrow and get them up.

LCA's tacked up
LCA-LT-Passenger_zps83732144.jpg

Rear paneling
DSC_0074_zps7b8ad885.jpg

panels1_zps112cb1c3.jpg