Chip Holds-Current Shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broke-janx

Reaction score
Ordered my 22 Raptor quite a while ago. Production began 9/24. Called Ford Corporate and Dealer and they said chip hold for the past couple weeks.

Have a pretty normal build with 801a plus the engine block heater. I recall there being a factory man here saying the current chip shortage and not sure what the hold up is at this stage? I keep reading weeks to months over the production date before shipping so I’m not holding my breath.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On g14 forum they have guys with 3+ months of chip holds. I’m not sure I’ve seen someone mention the exact hold but I know Copilot 360 was said to be one of them.

Some trucks with copilot have shipped so who knows.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw an article yesterday that discussed the impending chip glut, evidently car sales have slowed enough that there seems to not be a chip shortage coming soon. Although Ford has really mismanaged the whole shortage thing from orders that simply disappeared to yearlong deliveries. So not sure what excuse they will be offering next. Really poor job of reacting to the market Place, if their goal is to discourage buyers as job #1 then well done....

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are really two classes of chip holds, delays and deletes
delays are the ones that send the vehicles to abandoned stadiums to sit but ford knows they will eventually get enough to finish the vehicles
deletes are where ford doesn't know what the situation is or are integral to completing a build on the assembly line and just removes the option

auto industry has been wishing for things to get better for a while. Massively mismanaged across the board, the real mismanagement came at the start of covid, no one hedged on demand bouncing back, they were more interested in the balance sheets for the next investor call. Yes some of it has been general supply chain but that was a chance to build up parts

its a shame for ford in particular because i think their design and engineering teams have been doing a pretty good job (2021+ f50, bronco, raptor, 2024 mustang, etc) but were totally let down by the supply chain and finance teams.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they sell less but charge more for it!more profit ,just part of the game!

hierlevelz

Reaction score
Funny I called up my dealer last evening and I was told my build with blend date of 9/27 was basically complete but awaiting a chip. He mentioned that they had some new ordering system that gives a delivery date 11/14.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny I called up my dealer last evening and I was told my build with blend date of 9/27 was basically complete but awaiting a chip. He mentioned that they had some new ordering system that gives a delivery date 11/14.
Haha yea, maybe he meant 11/14/23

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
Just got my update, ETA 11/13-11/19 but……….

offsite for CHIP HOLD