Check engine light, misfire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 17 and went I started it up noticed the check engine light. Ford pass alerted me that there was a misfire detected. Drove it earlier in the day and nothing was wrong until later that nite when I had to run out to the store. Anyone ever gotten that alert befor? Everything is pretty much stock, just have a pedal commander but it's been install for a couple of months now. Plan on bringing it in to have it checked.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I can’t think of a way that a P/C could induce a misfire.

Is it driving ok?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I had similar issues.

Mine ended up being 2 stuck Direct injectors and a munged up fuel rail. ( got bad gas once)

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've read the Ecoboost does tend to foul plugs. My brother had to replace his at like 40,000

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this one last week. Read it via my ngauge. This is what mine is. Gotta take it to the dealership next week.

Attachments

• IMG_8217.jpg
    IMG_8217.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Boost_it638

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
befor this happened I had just got the truck back from getting the oil pan replaced.

Update....While on my way to the dealership to get the light checked out was waiting at a light and notice smoke coming from under the hood. Pulled over and look under the hood, the oil dip stick is hanging half way out of the block. I dunno if they forget to put it back while doing the oil pan or something built up pressure and popped it out. Trucks at the dealership, waiting to hear back from them.

OP
OP
Boost_it638

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back to this. The dealer couldn't find any codes for a mis-fire. Said the new ford app is a lil buggy after the update so that might be why I got a mis-fire warning. How ever they did find a few fail codes for a failed battery. They replaced the battery and everything has been good.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I got this one last week. Read it via my ngauge. This is what mine is. Gotta take it to the dealership next week.

that is exactly was happens on the 18s when the driver's side crankcase hose gets unhooked, or the sensor on the hose is malfunctioning.

It will also pop up if the PCV valve gets stuck open or is gutted ( as part of some of the aftermarket catch can offerings that will work on a 17, but throw this code on an 18)