GEN 2 Chase Rack + Bed Cover; advice or pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the Roush rack from a different angle looks like you would have to cut the L part of the mount off and drill new mounting holes through the rack and the retrax. If it were me I would even cut and widen the Roush rack by 2” so it sits outside of the retrax. But this is starting to sound fairly custom. Not complicated nor expensive to do but def not bolt and go.

10A49F8C-F50A-4624-94F6-2E0D0750C507.jpeg

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the gorhino rack on mine and it worked with my roll up covers. Dm me and I'll sell it to you it's currently sitting in my garage. It's the gorhino with the actuated retracting light bar mount.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a TruXedo Sentry hard rolling Tonneau Cover, then later I was looking for a chase/tire carrier to fit within the roll top parameters. I ended up with buying an ADD Bed cage. The Sentry was later replaced with the CT model after the rear portion of the top began separating from the metal. The heat here in AZ is brutal, thus they replaced the top under warranty and gave me an upgrade to the CT model. No problems since. The rolltop is easily removed for access....taken completely off. I then add the tires and side accessories on the rack for any off-roading. ADD is expensive, but with the additional storage it makes it easy

Rack.jpg Cover.jpg

GatorBait

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get ahold of the Roush rack. I love that one but Roush won’t sell it. My local Ford dealer that sells Roush says Roush doesn’t make it but just gets a third party company to supply them. I like the leds as well. Not that gaudy

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the sdhq chase / recovery rack. I love it thus far. I havent taken it off road yet to fully utilize its function but I know I will be whistling to favorite tunes while changing any tire. Definitely wont be able to use any regular bed cover but I'm looking for racks that will fit tires, tank, and jack without any issues.

20201101_144611.jpg

Edit: I will post a thread with a bunch of pictures once I get everything installed. Right now I'm having issues with the bed bolts being troublesome. Doesnt help that i have the factory spray in bed liner. Thinking about taking it to a dealer to have them loosened or replaced.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the sdhq chase / recovery rack. I love it thus far. I havent taken it off road yet to fully utilize its function but I know I will be whistling to favorite tunes while changing any tire. Definitely wont be able to use any regular bed cover but I'm looking for racks that will fit tires, tank, and jack without any issues.

View attachment 155267

Edit: I will post a thread with a bunch of pictures once I get everything installed. Right now I'm having issues with the bed bolts being troublesome. Doesnt help that i have the factory spray in bed liner. Thinking about taking it to a dealer to have them loosened or replaced.
Try cutting the factory liner around the bolt heads with a knife and heat them up!

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try cutting the factory liner around the bolt heads with a knife and heat them up!

I'm going to try that the next time I get a chance. I tried lightly attempting last night by heating the bolts up with propane and no luck. Going to try again with map gas and a cheater bar. Either way I'm going to end up with a snapped t50 socket or 4 bolts undone

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to try that the next time I get a chance. I tried lightly attempting last night by heating the bolts up with propane and no luck. Going to try again with map gas and a cheater bar. Either way I'm going to end up with a snapped t50 socket or 4 bolts undone
if you want to get crazy weld a big hex head ontop of it lol

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish and why? Different racks serve different purposes. Best to list out everything you want out of a rack and start from there.

OP
OP
DarthKickA55

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish and why? Different racks serve different purposes. Best to list out everything you want out of a rack and start from there.
Really just the aggressive look - I like the Roush rack because it has the low-profile lights - but I don't want to sacrifice a bed cover/tonneau as I prefer function over form. I read a few threads where there some racks that are made to work with some covers but only found a few posts and no pictures.

I don't plan on using it for holding spare tires, etc - I was parked next to a Rousch the other day and I really loved the look but don't want to give up a dry bed when needed. If it is a choice of a rack or bed cover I will choose the cover but was hoping to see some options where I could have both.