GEN 2 Chase Rack + Bed Cover; advice or pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all -
The mod bug persists and this time I am looking into a Chase Rack; I like the looks of the Roush one for the GEN2's but know from searching this will not work with any bed cover. I need to have a bed cover or at least I think I need to so looking for something that would work together.

Any advice on what to look for with a simple chase rack that works with a simple bed cover? Even if not simple I would like to consider it.

I read that ADD makes one that works with the retrax but didn't see any pictures of it so if anyone has any please post them.

If you have any thoughts and/or pictures of your setups would be awesome.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There’s a thread floating around about chase racks that will fit under a bed cover...

OP
OP
DarthKickA55

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a thread floating around about chase racks that will fit under a bed cover...
I did search and found a few threads just was hoping there was more info out there. Read about the GoRhino and the ADD but was hoping thee were more options.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did search and found a few threads just was hoping there was more info out there. Read about the GoRhino and the ADD but was hoping thee were more options.
Are you wanting the chase rack like this one? Where it rides on the bed rails?

B11C6CD6-E27E-4C0C-815F-81DF6E4260CA.jpeg

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - looking for all options - this one looks pretty cool. Probably going with smaller lights on top though.
Was just trying to clarify which type of rack you were looking for. If you are looking for one that mounts to the bed rails then there is a “simple” bracket that can be made to relocate the mounting to above the retractable. A true bed floor mounted option would be tough to accomplish unless you maintain under the cover en”tire”ly.

OP
OP
DarthKickA55

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just trying to clarify which type of rack you were looking for. If you are looking for one that mounts to the bed rails then there is a “simple” bracket that can be made to relocate the mounting to above the retractable. A true bed floor mounted option would be tough to accomplish unless you maintain under the cover en”tire”ly.
Ok you have my curiosity - I am ignorant on this subject - where can I find the bracket? I saw a Roush rack on a GEN2 the other day and thought that looks cool but need to have a bed cover...

OP
OP
DarthKickA55

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Roush rack? Do you already have a cover? If so which one?

View attachment 155202
Have a cover but I knew it was temporary - its an extang soft cover. Will get a new one depending on the rack it may work with.
I like the look of the Roush rack but it doesn't matter to me the brand I just like the simple look.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have a cover but I knew it was temporary - its an extang soft cover. Will get a new one depending on the rack it may work with.
I like the look of the Roush rack but it doesn't matter to me the brand I just like the simple look.
I don’t think the extang will be the easiest to work. The retracx would be in my opinion the best option combined with the Roush rack. You have a couple options as far as how you mount it. Basically you can cut the retracx around the rack mount (not the favorable option) or you can add an extra piece of metal the same thick was as the retrax mount under the Roush and bolt rack on top of the retrax, drilling through the retrax bedrail plate of that makes sense. This to me is going to give the cleanest look and function of both the cover and the rack.

I will caveat that I do not own either a retrax or a Roush rack so this is speculation based on images of both and the ability to make anything “work”. Retrax and Roush both popular choices so even if a bracket must be made your core parts are still top notch.