EGR ROLLTRAC ELECTRIC RETRACTABLE BED COVER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanM

Reaction score
Does anybody have this installed on their truck here? Search of forum brings no discussion which was surprising.

My buddy had one installed on his F-150 and it looked pretty slick. I was unaware at the time of looking at it that the trucks firmware can be updated to open and close it using OEM key fob. Completely unnecessary but not a bad option.

If someone has this I'd like to know how many inches you lose in the bed from the box it goes into, how complex it was to install and how it's working out.

I've been pleased with the Revolver X4 for 6 years and it was half the price and gets the job done. Mine is failing though and I will need to purchase another one.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They have some pretty cool tech features and I like that they rely on the OEM fob or the mounted buttons to open/close vs having an additional key in your pocket. Plan to lose about 10"x10" of bed space in length and depth from the top of the bed, but you'll still have space underneath if needed.

All that being said, the installation is more of a pain because it requires drilling multiple holes in the bed of the truck than other products from other brands, some programming for the key fob, and wiring to modules inside the truck to catch the signal. This is one of the reasons why they're less common vs other brands like the Retrax Powertrax series. Plus, they're more expensive than the PowertraxPRO XR. Then again, Retrax did just drop their new EQ series covers with optional key fob and in-bed lighting that's a little more expensive, but again doesn't require holes being drilled for install.

We carry the EGR brand and have this exact cover in stock here at Apollo Optics. Happy to chat with you in more detail about EGR or other options if you'd like.

Last edited:

bigzaj

Reaction score
Did you end up getting this bed cover? I like the smaller canister and open and close buttons. Strongly dislike the 4 drain holes.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you end up getting this bed cover? I like the smaller canister and open and close buttons. Strongly dislike the 4 drain holes.
I too dislike the drain holes, however, once properly installed they really don't look bad at all.

If you don't want to drill, Retrax just recently released their EQ bed cover and it also works with the OEM key fob, but it is a little more expensive. If you're interested in a quote, let me know and we can discuss both options to see what's right for you.