ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was my wifes 2010 BMW135i. it was really tough with lots of micro swirls from her years of auto carwashes so my prep took a log time but I had it done in a day and it came out great

I will say this- it likes to be cured in the sun, so pick a sunny day to start with. secondly, if you sweat, make sure you are wearing latex/ rubber gloves to avoid getting sweat drips on the paint. It will bugger up the finish in a heart beat while in process so always have a towel on your shoulder to catch a drip and wipe it off quickly.

Hope that helps some

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 117

tonymission

Reaction score
Most professional ceramic coatings cost so much because they involve A LOT of paint correction. I've paid $1600-1800 for Cquartz finest applications that involved 4 days of paint correction so once that coating gets applied, it's locking in your very best paint. Even cars from the factory typically have a lot of paint defects under the right lighting. This isn't something I would ever do myself unless I was big into detailing and proper paint correction.

Chicane23

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Driven - Victory product? I’m getting my ‘19 Performance Blue Raptor done on Monday. There are so many different ceramic products, it’s crazy!

FerdFteen

Reaction score
I have cquartz on mine. Likely going to go kamikaze before the winter

Would be interested to hear your take on Kamikaze. I have used Feynlab HealLite on my last couple of vehicles, but have read some good things on Kamikaze. They have also released a coating they claim is designed specifically to work with a base PPF as opposed to coating the clearcoat directly.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of good recommendations on coatings in the thread. For those of you who have DIY'd, whose clay bar kits would you recommend? Amazed at how dirty the back of mine gets, must be that huge vacuum created by the bed/cap. Just seems to suck a coat of dust on it after a few miles.

Also, just to be sure it's: Wash, clay bar, wax, ceramic coating in that order, correct?
Thx.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't think waxing it is going to be very effective. Not if ceramic coating anyway. Detailers will polish and then ceramic coat it.

Sam

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No wax before the coating. You should be using a coating prep type product prior, to eliminate all residues off the paint prior to coating....some guys wash again after claying to get the clay lube removed. Strip wash, clay, wash, paint correction, coating prep, coating. Adam's just came out with a spray ceramic coating that is more fool proof than the 50ml bottle....and they have a coating prep product. Follow their instructions.