ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bjoeaull

Reaction score
Yeah, there are definitely coatings that last longer than Adams, but some of those get pretty tedious to apply, some require two coats. Adams is a more basic entry level user friendly kind of coating. I'd guess two years with proper care.

Its true on a new vehicle it would be somewhat easier, but you still need to, clean, clay, light polish, surface prep, then coat, and boost. So the time saved will be in the polishing stages.

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spent a day putting on

CarPro Cquartz UK 50 Milliliter Kit w/ Reload

link here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W8APMQM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How often do you use the reload? Currently, I only have ceramic on the truck but just ordered a liter of reload.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I have it on my black 7 Series and Raptor. It makes cleaning both very easy. I was skeptical at first since the price was much higher then coatings but compared to other coatings I have worked with it does seem to hold up the best. c14d3e997c6de44b79db25e1d8a5abf2.jpg

That looks awesome. I had Kenzo done but after doing the first wash noticed several noticeable water marks.

ewm98

Reaction score
How often do you use the reload? Currently, I only have ceramic on the truck but just ordered a liter of reload.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

That looks awesome. I had Kenzo done but after doing the first wash noticed several noticeable water marks.

What do you mean by water marks? And if you don’t mind me asking how long did you wait before you washed it. It is definitely one of the more difficult coatings to apply correctly but when done right it’s one of the easiest to maintain.

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by water marks? And if you don’t mind me asking how long did you wait before you washed it. It is definitely one of the more difficult coatings to apply correctly but when done right it’s one of the easiest to maintain.

Water spots and water streaks. I waited 6 days before the first wash.

The water spots come off but are a pain. I'm not sure if it was the soap or what caused it since water spots were also found on the moon roof.

Last edited:

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a quote for $1500 for Ceramic Pro, but haven’t seen any reviews except some nice vids on YouTube. I plan to get the Xpel or Suntek wrap along with the coating since I can see the tires flinging rocks and debris onto the sides. My other cars had Opti-Coat and 6 years later the paint still looks wet, but they have been parked in the garage when at home. The Raptor has to stay outside since it won’t allow 2 cars to be parked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewm98

Reaction score
Water spots and water streaks. I waited 6 days before the first wash.

The water spots come off but are a pain. I'm not sure if it was the soap or what caused it since water spots were also found on the moon roof.

I don’t think any coating will prevent water spots if you allow the water to dry on the surface. The only thing that would prevent that would be to use Deionized water when your washing your vehicle. Will the water spots come out with a soft cloth and detail spray? You have peaked my interest.

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think any coating will prevent water spots if you allow the water to dry on the surface. The only thing that would prevent that would be to use Deionized water when your washing your vehicle. Will the water spots come out with a soft cloth and detail spray? You have peaked my interest.

I was able to get some off by using Meguiars spray wax. I just ordered some CarPro Spotless and reload. Hopefully the CarPro spotless will remove the water marks then I will be topping it off with CarPro reload.

ewm98

Reaction score
I was able to get some off by using Meguiars spray wax. I just ordered some CarPro Spotless and reload. Hopefully the CarPro spotless will remove the water marks then I will be topping it off with CarPro reload.

Please keep us informed. Luckily I haven’t had to deal with any water spots yet but it’s alway good to know what works. I’m also interested in what you think of Reload as I’ve been debating using Reset and Reload everyone and then for some extra protection.

Reaction score
I got a quote for $1500 for Ceramic Pro, but haven’t seen any reviews except some nice vids on YouTube. I plan to get the Xpel or Suntek wrap along with the coating since I can see the tires flinging rocks and debris onto the sides. My other cars had Opti-Coat and 6 years later the paint still looks wet, but they have been parked in the garage when at home. The Raptor has to stay outside since it won’t allow 2 cars to be parked.

I had Ceramic Pro light (aka bronze package) applied to my '18. It's very glossy and slick, more so than CQuartz Finest that I had applied to my last Raptor.

From a maintenance standpoint, Ceramic Pro appears to resist most chemicals. However, I didn't notice much of a difference with traffic film after a rain storm and "self-cleaning" seems to be a stretch.

My biggest gripe with Ceramic Pro is that their installers aren't required to follow the packages offered on their web site. Bit annoying for a "certified installer" product. Either way, Ceramic Pro is a decent product, so as long as the detailer is good, you'll probably be happy.

Personally, I'm convinced that coatings are over-hyped and probably won't pay for it to be re-applied after two years. I definitely wouldn't pay the $2k+ that CQuartz installers are asking around here these days.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Ceramic Pro light (aka bronze package) applied to my '18. It's very glossy and slick, more so than CQuartz Finest that I had applied to my last Raptor.

From a maintenance standpoint, Ceramic Pro appears to resist most chemicals. However, I didn't notice much of a difference with traffic film after a rain storm and "self-cleaning" seems to be a stretch.

My biggest gripe with Ceramic Pro is that their installers aren't required to follow the packages offered on their web site. Bit annoying for a "certified installer" product. Either way, Ceramic Pro is a decent product, so as long as the detailer is good, you'll probably be happy.

Personally, I'm convinced that coatings are over-hyped and probably won't pay for it to be re-applied after two years. I definitely wouldn't pay the $2k+ that CQuartz installers are asking around here these days.

Agreed on the prices they charge for install- Its nuts. I did my last three cars myself with what they sell on AutoGeek and found their standard 110 worked great- https://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-50ml-kit.html

You can prep yourself in a few hours with a good polish and finish it with Erasure. Then apply the coating with two coats preferred. I did panels in groups of three. This gave time for the product to flash and then be removed. Id then go back over the three panels with the second coating. this was the way I found made the product last a lot longer. I did my wifes two previous BMWs with a 50ml bottle and had a lot left over so I suspect a single bottle could do a Raptor but to be safe, buy another 30ml. This way if you have left overs- you can do your wheels too.

Basically- if you can wipe in two directions and remove the product with a microfiber- you can do this. I bought everything I used the first go round (polishes/ cutting compounds, Erasure and first bottle of CQuartz) for $230. The polish/ compound and Erasure has a lot left even after 3 cars so you only replace the CQuartz. So doing a few cars - the costs drop a lot.

Just my 2 cents