Ceramic Coating and Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you install a ceramic coating, do you also install it on the fender flares? How do they look afterwards?BBBEF17C-2265-4E01-AA56-B5B2F87A01BC.jpeg

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I did my ceramic myself, I coated everything including decals, fender flares, paint, and headlights. I also coated my Method wheels. 4 Months into it and no issues. I would make sure you read the directions on the bottle of the product that you use, I believe some ceramics you need to be careful with. The one I used said it could go on everything except vinyl and rubber. As far as the fender flares I don't notice any visual difference as they still look fairly matte finish compared to the paint. Everything slides right off when she is dirty, has made cleaning really easy. Glad I did it.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it myself, mine looked the same, no issues. Maybe a tad bit better since i did some polishing before hand.
I did my ceramic myself, I coated everything including decals, fender flares, paint, and headlights. I also coated my Method wheels. 4 Months into it and no issues. I would make sure you read the directions on the bottle of the product that you use, I believe some ceramics you need to be careful with. The one I used said it could go on everything except vinyl and rubber. As far as the fender flares I don't notice any visual difference as they still look fairly matte finish compared to the paint. Everything slides right off when she is dirty, has made cleaning really easy. Glad I did it.
Are the gen 3 decals not vinyl?

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Did it myself, mine looked the same, no issues. Maybe a tad bit better since i did some polishing before hand.

Are the gen 3 decals not vinyl?
Good point, I don't know. Luckily no issues with doing it. I kept it off all the vinyl and rubber around the bed and windows, never thought about the decals.

Last edited: