Ceramic coat the GEN3? What brand.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad if you do it right away . ie right after you get it. less polishing. just have to take your time

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a p.i.t.a. is a diy?
I took my time. To clean the truck inside and out and do the full detail with ceramic coating took about 16 hours. Good prep is the key. Also, keep your hands off the truck after you do the alcohol wipe down. Also, don't touch the truck while you're coating. If you know where to look on my truck, you can see two different hand prints. No one has ever noticed other than me, but I know they're there.

The next owner may get to discover them, too.:cool:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had Ceramic Pro put on my '20 when it was new. Don't underestimate doing the paint correction before hand. I think that's at least as important, maybe more so, as the ceramic application. My paint looked great as delivered, it was a factory order. When the shop finished the paint correction, it was a night and day improvement in depth of shine and finish. When I stopped in the shop to check on the progress, it looked so much better I assumed the process was all done. The one tech laughed and told me they hadn't even put the ceramic on yet.