CEL / blown fuse / short?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Raptor in for leaky valve cover a few weeks ago. Over the weekend the CEL light came on and when I checked the codes it came back w/ several, "p0010 p0013 p0020 p0023 p0135 p0155 p0161 p0443 p0446 p2418" when cleared, the CEL light returns after startup w/ same codes. Took it to dealer this morning and they found a blown fuse which they replaced and it continues to blow and throw the codes. Any ideas where this short could be?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So they replaced the blown fuse and gave up? That’s terrible. Fuses can never be flagged as the root cause of an issue.

Based on the DTCs, it sounds like the fuse that is opening is F37 in the Battery Junction Box (BJB). I suspect that they pinched/damaged the harness during replacement of the valve cover. I would recommend carefully inspecting the harness between the BJB and the replacement valve cover for any chaffing or damage.

OP
OP
mmayo

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’ve not given up, but it’s now gonna sit till they can figure it out, so could be several days(I hope not longer)till they dig into it further. Just wasn’t sure if this was something that had been seen before with all these codes being thrown at once.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Yep a blown fuse is usually an indication of an issue.

Just replacing it solves nothing.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they replaced the blown fuse and gave up? That’s terrible. Fuses can never be flagged as the root cause of an issue.

Based on the DTCs, it sounds like the fuse that is opening is F37 in the Battery Junction Box (BJB). I suspect that they pinched/damaged the harness during replacement of the valve cover. I would recommend carefully inspecting the harness between the BJB and the replacement valve cover for any chaffing or damage.
its like you have insider info.......

just do what everyone else does. put a bigger fuse until it stops blowing.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT DO THAT.

this disclaimer was provided because this has happened way too many times and the guilty ones are the ones lacking in common sense. and since sarcasm does not always transfer in text

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They’ve not given up, but it’s now gonna sit till they can figure it out, so could be several days(I hope not longer)till they dig into it further. Just wasn’t sure if this was something that had been seen before with all these codes being thrown at once.
Any update, or is it really just sitting there collecting dust because the techs hands are too dirty to scratch their heads?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A point of clarification?

I take they meant ‘the o2 sensor harness or wiring’ melted to the manifold... because if you were hot enough to melt the sensor itself... that’s hot.

Glad you’re back in business.

OP
OP
mmayo

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I assume same. I did find another wire that hadn’t been attached back into place prior to taking it in so makes sense