Catch Cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the JLT (passenger only) for about 5,000 miles and there's less than 1/4 inch in there, in fact last time I checked I didn't even bother to dump.

David Goodman

Reaction score
I have the JLT 3.0 and am familiar with catch cans having used them on other vehicles but I just checked and emptied my can which was a bear to get lose. Now I am getting a CEL code about the PCV system and I don’t see any obvious hoses disconnected. Any ideas?

D204A627-31E4-4C5D-B96D-21CB40AC7346.jpeg

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JLT 3.0 and am familiar with catch cans having used them on other vehicles but I just checked and emptied my can which was a bear to get lose. Now I am getting a CEL code about the PCV system and I don’t see any obvious hoses disconnected. Any ideas?

View attachment 134871
Aftermarket intake can cause the pcv code.
Also if you have a clogged catch can Or a leak.
That sensor if stupid sensitive.

Reset code ,see if code comes back.
If it does ,replace factory hose in place of the catch can retest.
If it continues to come back the sensor could be bad

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the UPR one a.few thousand miles ago on an otherwise stock motor. First time I checked it their was some oil but very little. Then some time went by where I forgot to check so I checked the other day and nothing came out. I guess I will check again in a couple of months, not sure how needed the catch can is on a stock motor but maybe it's of greater importance on a tuned motor?

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my JLT catch can with only 600 miles on it. The bottom was covered with oily liquid. Definitely doing its job.