GEN 2 Catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the FR catch can throws codes on 18s. The sensor on the driver's side sees the high flow with the pcv gutted and thinks it is a leak.

you cannot run the engine cover either.

If you magically got it to work on an 18, please share how.

And if anyone wants the one I have sitting in my parts bin, I'm happy to bring it to TRR for ya.

Sorry i have a 2017, maybe thats why

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If have the full race catch can no issues at al. Check your installation

Hmm.

My bro has the FR catch can in his 2017. It's throwing codes. Anything specific about the install we should look at?

Is your truck tuned? His is Whipple tuned with a FR intercooler. The tomahawk can clear the code but it's still annoying.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.

My bro has the FR catch can in his 2017. It's throwing codes. Anything specific about the install we should look at?

Is your truck tuned? His is Whipple tuned with a FR intercooler. The tomahawk can clear the code but it's still annoying.

No tune yet, waiting on my tuner.

I have,
FR intercooler with blowoff valve
FR catch can
FR transcooler
FR intake
FR trottle body spacer
methanol injection

Truck runs great.

Waiting on a tune from my tuner.
93 oct tune.
87 with just changes to trotlle response

These tunes are all methanol tunes

rdsc

Reaction score
I had the FR can on my old 3.5 EB truck (17’) was a pain in the ass. Mounts overtop the engine, so had to permanently remove the engine cover, no drain valve included, and is a PITA to drain. (Not a lot of room to drain due to the location)

My truck would constantly throw codes as well, even if we permanently deleted the code, it would always come back eventually.

I’d never go back. I went with UPR for my Raptor, location is way better and no codes.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to chime in and say i changed my intercooler on sunday and found zero oil. I am skeptical on the need of a catch can. The engine cover is way too sexy to permanently delete. However i will say full race makes top end products and i doubt they wouldnt help you if the catch can was throwin codes. In fairness i dont own the FR catch can. I do however have FR air intake , body spacer , intercooler and they are in my opinion the best aftermarket parts you can buy. I just dont see the catch can need ...yet 12k miles

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just want to chime in and say i changed my intercooler on sunday and found zero oil. I am skeptical on the need of a catch can. The engine cover is way too sexy to permanently delete. However i will say full race makes top end products and i doubt they wouldnt help you if the catch can was throwin codes. In fairness i dont own the FR catch can. I do however have FR air intake , body spacer , intercooler and they are in my opinion the best aftermarket parts you can buy. I just dont see the catch can need ...yet 12k miles

Upgraded my intercooler 2 weeks ago - I found like you, no oil whatsoever anywhere to be found in my IC or any hoses. Granted, only 3200 miles but still, not even a film.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded my intercooler 2 weeks ago - I found like you, no oil whatsoever anywhere to be found in my IC or any hoses. Granted, only 3200 miles but still, not even a film.

Having read all the info on oil and seeing no real hard evidence that a 2018 needs a catch can, I am firmly in the No block.

Some one needs to scope a engine with 50k miles and post pictures to show any damage, if any.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I despise engine covers just on principle. I'd remove it just because I hate fake shit... and heat soak.

This is one oil change (~5k miles on a FR can)... truck lives in a climate controlled garage, is babied, and this was all highway miles including a road trip halfway across the country on cruise control. It's not that much but it's more than I would want in my intake system. And it will only get worse as the miles rack up and especially if you do more local driving and/or drive your truck harder.

To me, catch cans are just cheap insurance. Truck runs better now without that vapor reducing octane and will run better long term by keeping the intake system clean.

Attachments

• IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 60

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that way more then i would have thought, is anybody running the Full race Catch can with out it throwing codes?