CataClean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money. No reason to run anything through the truck at such a low mileage. Disclaimer, no I have not run any of this additive. I do have experience in the auto repair industry though. 2 repair facilities and 15 techs. Very few "mechanic in a can" additives are even remotely worth the price they garner. With the new injection technology that is being used additives are a thing of the past.

Sam

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for your input! Nice to see someone who can answer without being a jaggoff !!

If you didn’t come off as an ass on page 1 when people tried to help you then you might have gotten less snide remarks.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money. No reason to run anything through the truck at such a low mileage. Disclaimer, no I have not run any of this additive. I do have experience in the auto repair industry though. 2 repair facilities and 15 techs. Very few "mechanic in a can" additives are even remotely worth the price they garner. With the new injection technology that is being used additives are a thing of the past.

Sam

I have historically run a bottle of fuel system cleaner containing PEA through my vehicles after every oil change thinking it was a good preventative measure. PEA is reportedly one of the strongest cleaning agents. Does doing such provide any value?

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the best way to keep your cats and engine clean is to run good quality fuel and drive the vehicle normally with an occasional WOT blast every now and then.

Generally your cats are meant to run around 1600 degrees max during and after prolonged hard usage, and it is at this temp pretty much everything that shouldn't be in the cat will burn off.

If there were rampant cat failures or issues Ford would most likely be in hot water for emissions compliance, and the average vehicle owner doesn't even know what a cat even is, so generally it has to be one of the most robust and reliable parts on a stock vehicle.

If you have a tune or tuner that neglects the maximum temperature a cat can sustain, that will seriously degrade the life of a cat along with unnecessary enrichment at WOT or a 2 step.

In short, run good 93 every now and then, perform proper routine maintenance, floor the truck occasionally to get some heat in the cats, and send it.