Carbon fiber request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone heard of this company?

https://carbonplug.com/f150/carbon-fiber-mirror-caps?rq=Raptor

Company name is a little sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[mention]Todd Turbo S [/mention]

Quote from a member on the previous page:

Stay away from carbonplug.com if you value your time and sanity.

Ordered a few items, zero communication for 2 months. I sent emails, nothing.... Submitted PayPal dispute, they suddenly shipped. Items arrived, one piece is wrong, one piece has sharp carbon pieces sticking it out everywhere.

Sent them email for replacement, zero response. Beyond ridiculous!

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Elite does make the carbon fiber mirror caps. They are $645 for the pair and are made to order. Expect a 30-45 day lead time.
Thanks Nick. That’s a bit pricy, but would be worth it if the quality, fit and finish is a high standard. Do you happen to have any close up pictures you can share? Maybe a bit of information, like what size of weave (3k, 6k etc) what weave type, harness of weave. I’m assuming they start with a brand new OEM Ford mirror cap? Much appreciated

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone order from carbonplug.com? I know it’s a Chinese company and you have to wait a few months for the delivery plus the contact and support information is not on it

I’m looking for carbon fiber mirror caps with direct bolt on replacement. I’m not talking about the covers with m3 tape sold on eBay for 50 bucks.

that’s what I’m looking for but I wish it was a USA based company with quick delivery
https://carbonplug.com/f150/carbon-fiber-mirror-caps

Any ideas or recommendation?

Found this... Can’t speak to quality or service. Just another option out there:

https://www.sigaladesigns.com/product-page/raptor-17-up-mirror-covers

Mexico outfit, just south of border...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I want someone to make me kevlar weave mirror caps with rubbermaid covers. I know they’ll look like crap, but if you’re constantly smacking small tree limbs, they look like crap anyway, may as well be inexpensive, easily replaceable pieces for $8.99

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Nick. That’s a bit pricy, but would be worth it if the quality, fit and finish is a high standard. Do you happen to have any close up pictures you can share? Maybe a bit of information, like what size of weave (3k, 6k etc) what weave type, harness of weave. I’m assuming they start with a brand new OEM Ford mirror cap? Much appreciated

It's a 4k weave and they do start with an OEM cap. I just reached out to them to figure out the type and harness. First time I've been asked that. Here's a picture of one of their custom steering wheels with dash bezel surround. And the second picture of their center console trim on one of our demo trucks.

rs=w-2600,h-1600.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg