Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mohsen Rabiee

Reaction score
I work for a race team doing data Acquisition and during some down time when we couldn't do much I had our carbon fiber chassis supplier make some parts for a few things. One of those being my raptor. Started with the hood and side vents, They turned out amazing. This supplier made my race bikes complete CF set up and that turned out amazing for race spec, which always isn't about beauty. So I think we are going to do the Applique and possibly the grill (Ford and outter rim). I kinda need some recommendations. Should I make the applique without the F150 and Raptor badge OR keep the badges. I feel if I keep it blank then people could possibly put it on regular F150's as well. But then will Raptor owners want to have the badges on? well here are the hood and side vents and some of the work they did for my race bike.View attachment 148203 View attachment 148204 View attachment 148205 View attachment 148206 View attachment 148215
Interested

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still trying to figure that out, Im not sure how the stock plastic ones will look up against carbon fiber. I think if its solid you could always get a sticker outline of F150 and Raptor the color of the truck which would look ok, or a satin/matte solid black sticker of F150 and raptor. both I think would better than the plastic badges up next to the carbon fiber. Or just keep it clean carbon fiber. Have to think about this one.
We also tossed around the two rails running along the top of the bed body. There are 5 of us that have raptors at the shop, one being a driver and we just brainstorm and waste time all day looking for shit to get made lol

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still trying to figure that out, Im not sure how the stock plastic ones will look up against carbon fiber. I think if its solid you could always get a sticker outline of F150 and Raptor the color of the truck which would look ok, or a satin/matte solid black sticker of F150 and raptor. both I think would better than the plastic badges up next to the carbon fiber. Or just keep it clean carbon fiber. Have to think about this one.
We also tossed around the two rails running along the top of the bed body. There are 5 of us that have raptors at the shop, one being a driver and we just brainstorm and waste time all day looking for shit to get made lol

I have seen the plain CF appliqués. In ways they look slick. And in ways they look like there missing something. I have an idea in which they may look best. Problem is, can you legally put F-150 or Raptor at all on these without being come down on by Ford? If you gave them away for free probably not. Charging for them probably so.

As I have looked around at all the CF parts available, I have not noticed the bed or tailgate caps. These pieces may be very nice. You may have to prove the concept and make a set and try them out.

One problem I find, is CF makes for excellent accent pieces. But if you cross that line of too much on one vehicle it can look over done. This is more the case with artificial stick on CF parts.