car alarm confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so i get home with the groceries last night. take some stuff in, including the keys, with the drivers side door left open. go back out to get more stuff outa the back, and when i open the drivers side back door, the car alarm goes off. i disable it, close the back door, and when i return for more stuff and open the drivers side back door again, the damn thing goes off again. not the first time this has happened. anyone know why this particular sequence of events would cause this? its probably in the manual somewhere, but im too lazy to look.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ford. probably why

I think it's safe to assume that your driving a Raptor. Any other info might help to figure this out, like model year?, orginal owner?, factory alarm?, aftermarket?, or unknown?, scab or screw? The more infromation the better.

If your looking for help, and I don't mean just the op, the more info you are able to give us, the quicker we can find your answer. Also, pictures are worth a thousand words. End of rant.

:wizcow:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ford. probably why

i would need to verify if there is an aftermarket alarm or not before i can offer any useful info.

I think it's safe to assume that your driving a Raptor. Any other info might help to figure this out, like model year?, orginal owner?, factory alarm?, aftermarket?, or unknown?, scab or screw? The more infromation the better.

If your looking for help, and I don't mean just the op, the more info you are able to give us, the quicker we can find your answer. Also, pictures are worth a thousand words. End of rant.

They explain why. The more info we get the better answer u can get. There is too many variables to begin to try to answer it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score

my trucks pic is in my sig. why would i post a question about another vehicle? its a '13. original owner and only driver. i posted earlier its factory alarm. end of rant :)

edit...got off my ass and read the manual. even though the front door was open i musta locked it, which apparently arms the alarm. then when any door is opened, in this case the back door, the alarm is triggered. only thing i can come up with..from the manual

Arming the Alarm
The system is ready to arm whenever the ignition is off. Lock the vehicle
to arm the alarm.
The turn signal lamps will flash once after locking the vehicle to indicate
the alarm is in the pre-armed mode and will become fully armed in
20 seconds.
Disarming the Alarm
To disarm the alarm, do any of the following:
• Press the power door unlock button within the 20-second pre-armed
mode.
• Press the unlock button on the remote control.
• Unlock the doors with the keyless entry pad.
• Turn the ignition on with a valid key.
• Press the panic button on the remote control. The alarm system will
still be armed, but this shuts off the horn and turn lamps when the
alarm is sounding

Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my trucks pic is in my sig. why would i post a question about another vehicle? its a '13. original owner and only driver. i posted earlier its factory alarm. end of rant :)

edit...got off my ass and read the manual. even though the front door was open i musta locked it, which apparently arms the alarm. then when any door is opened, in this case the back door, the alarm is triggered. only thing i can come up with..from the manual

Arming the Alarm
The system is ready to arm whenever the ignition is off. Lock the vehicle
to arm the alarm.
The turn signal lamps will flash once after locking the vehicle to indicate
the alarm is in the pre-armed mode and will become fully armed in
20 seconds.
Disarming the Alarm
To disarm the alarm, do any of the following:
• Press the power door unlock button within the 20-second pre-armed
mode.
• Press the unlock button on the remote control.
• Unlock the doors with the keyless entry pad.
• Turn the ignition on with a valid key.
• Press the panic button on the remote control. The alarm system will
still be armed, but this shuts off the horn and turn lamps when the
alarm is sounding

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. I just tried it and yes, the alarm does go off.

D

Deleted member 12951

Kinda odd in my opinion. I wouldn't have thought it would arm if one of the doors is left open. And arming it, I thought locks the doors so how did the back doors open unless you reached around from the inside to open?