Can using Forscan void warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just talked to a well known Ford tech and he's telling me that's BS, that's enough for me so I will be fighting this. Sounds like the dealer is ignorant and I'll be escalating this further.
The issue is that you would need to prove that the programming changes made did not affect the operation of the module and mirror. With the change to As-Built data, you can induce issues that would never have occurred with the factory programming. We’ve seen a few instances on here of people making changes to modules and having unexplained concerns afterward, most commonly with lighting.

The parts catalog lists 12+ different mirrors and 4 different Driver Door Modules for 2022 Super Duty, so it’s entirely possible that some are designed for auto fold and some are not.

Have you tried programming the module back to factory As-Built to see if the concern still occurs?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I understand the ‘changed factory programming’ position, however, I will point out that there is a button right on the door that permits you to open and close the mirrors at will, any time you want. You can quite literally sit in the truck and open/close the mirrors, say to permit shoppers to reach their vehicle more easily without contaminating your Raptor with their peasant funk.

I can see if you bricked a module, or caused a short circuit somehow, but, I think the dealer here is being lazy and on top of that probably doesn’t want to pursue a very cost ineffective repair under warranty, whereas if you are forced to pay, they pocket the $$$ parts and labor.

Does the F150 use different mirrors than, say, a Navigator which folds the mirrors by default? I don’t know.

I posed this same question years back and another FRF retorted: Nothing stops me from opening and closing the mirrors dozens of times per day by the door control, so how is that any different.

FORSCAN didn’t break the module, it just made it more convenient for you to open / close the mirrors. The motor failed, and you would, in all likelihood had the motor go out regardless.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue is that you would need to prove that the programming changes made did not affect the operation of the module and mirror. With the change to As-Built data, you can induce issues that would never have occurred with the factory programming. We’ve seen a few instances on here of people making changes to modules and having unexplained concerns afterward, most commonly with lighting.

The parts catalog lists 12+ different mirrors and 4 different Driver Door Modules for 2022 Super Duty, so it’s entirely possible that some are designed for auto fold and some are not.

Have you tried programming the module back to factory As-Built to see if the concern still occurs?
I have not but will be looking to do that here shortly.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On our Lariat trucks through Advanced Settings we are able to Auto Enable Power Folding mirrors. This mod isn't just activated through Forscan.

I am now thinking that possibly my mirrors were never even modded through Forscan, I don't remember what was all changed when I had my guy change the values. I asked my buddy who has the damn near exact same Tremor as me and he Auto Enabled the Power folding mirrors through his dash so everytime he locks his doors they Auto fold.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what is your battery voltage when the engine is off?
I do not know, the passenger side mirror was recently replaced and opens/closes ALOT quicker than my drivers side, that's why I initially stopped at Ford to let them know. I don't actually have another service appointment till end of August regarding this.

What should voltage be? Where would I check this at?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Multimeter across the posts on the battery would work, just set it to the appropriate settings. I would imagine 12.5 and up would be good, others may chime in on that.

Depending on how they are wired up could explain the one closing quicker than the other. Or I could be totally off base. Just thought it would be an easy test.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Multimeter across the posts on the battery would work, just set it to the appropriate settings. I would imagine 12.5 and up would be good, others may chime in on that.

Depending on how they are wired up could explain the one closing quicker than the other. Or I could be totally off base. Just thought it would be an easy test.
Buddies closes at the same speed. I will check for voltage though at the battery.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not know, the passenger side mirror was recently replaced and opens/closes ALOT quicker than my drivers side, that's why I initially stopped at Ford to let them know. I don't actually have another service appointment till end of August regarding this.

What should voltage be? Where would I check this at?
Another thing to try is re-sync the mirrors. The procedure is located on Page 130 of the Owner’s manual.

1. With the mirrors unfolded, manually retract both mirrors by hand into the folded position
2. Using the power fold switch, operate the mirrors until an audible click noise is heard
3. Operate the mirrors an additional 3 to 4 times to complete the synchronization process

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to try is re-sync the mirrors. The procedure is located on Page 130 of the Owner’s manual.

1. With the mirrors unfolded, manually retract both mirrors by hand into the folded position
2. Using the power fold switch, operate the mirrors until an audible click noise is heard
3. Operate the mirrors an additional 3 to 4 times to complete the synchronization process
I will try this in the next 30 mins, thanks!