Can using Forscan void warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robbh

Reaction score
The way I was told by my dealer is if the mod caused the part to fail, it's not covered. But considering the motor is intended to operate the folding mirrors, it should be covered. Want to be sure, remove the mod in Forscan and take it to a less a-hole dealership. You should probably find another dealer anyway...

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just talked to a well known Ford tech and he's telling me that's BS, that's enough for me so I will be fighting this. Sounds like the dealer is ignorant and I'll be escalating this further.
Maybe he will warranty it for you. Call Ford and try but you messed with the truck so you own it.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you even think it’s Fords responsibility? You modified it and it broke. Suck it up butter cup. If you’re going play, you have to pay. Frivolous claims like this is one of the many reasons stuff costs so much.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So looking at the 2022 Superduty Lariat and Platinum, They all have auto fold enabled. It's located in the instrument cluster (IPC) instead of the Center stack (APIM) like the 2021+ F150. If it is enabled on you Centerstack (APIM), Your buddy may have enabled that for you but the setting is there from factory just in the Instrument cluster(IPC). Regardless, It's a factory enabled option without forscan needed. How did they come to the conclusion that Forscan was used?

SUPERDUTY
In the Instrument Cluster (IPC)
Settings->Advanced->Vehicle->Mirrors

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
My 2022 GEN3 800A has the autofold feature in the settings. One of the first things I set up, wonder if I am affected the mirror motor longevity and should change back? I did get the 7yr 100K Ford ESP...

I could see an argument if enabled through Forscan, say the forscan program held the motor running slightly longer than factory programming and caused the issue. I hate the idea of Ford not honoring a warranty on folding mirrors however if it's a factory option that was enanbled and you just simply have Forscan and it wasn't enabled through it or a contributor...

Been dealing with this in the harley world for many years...

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He said it did not come with the option, first paragraph. There could be many things Ford does to increase life. Gear ratio to slow it down, different bushings, leverage ratios, soft start, etc… all of these things could reduce motor load and increase duty cycles for the mirror.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just take off the forscan mod and take it to a different dealer, and just show them it doesn’t power fold.

Problem solved.
Everyone can play lawyer all they want and tell you “ford is right” or “ford is wrong,” but here’s your solution.