Can using Forscan void warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t think the first dealer logged the issue under his Vin?
We are not playing Lawyer, we are saying you can be a lying cheat or take responsibility for your actions.
He told them or they found out about the mod, but now you’re advocating to cheat the system?
Truck hasn't been to the dealer for driver side mirror so they haven't actually diagnosed it yet.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the mirror has an issue anyway. I don't think auto-folding would have caused that. I've had it enabled for a few years without issue. The only thing I've had happen is sometimes if you open the door with your code and then you close it after with 8+9 it'll move the mirror itself too far for the motor and click the gears. Other than that weird case, it's been rock-solid.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are dealers able to tell if you had used forscan? I understand if you take the car in with all of the changed settings still there, but what if you reset it back to factory?

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 12 SuperDuty and the motors failed on mine about 80k and no folding option. On my 18 Raptor I fold my mirror in and out each time in and out of the garage and every time I park, so they get a lot of use.

Not sure how the auto feature works but, if you are one to lock / unlock a lot it would increase duty cycle. As always the truth here probably lies somewhere in the middle.