Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Camber alignment kit

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Joeeyyy, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Joeeyyy

Joeeyyy Full Access Member

Any recommendations on a brand and where to buy a camber alignment kit for a 2018 Raptor? About to order a set of eibach front springs to level my truck. Also, is there anything else I should consider when installing the springs?
    Thanks!

2. downforce137

downforce137 FRF Addict

I bought the kit from sdhq. Works with doubler plates or without.

3. Joeeyyy

I live in AZ and not too far from them. I seen they offer 2 styles, which kit did you buy?

4. downforce137

downforce137 FRF Addict

The spc one.. wasn't aware there was 2 kits

5. Joeeyyy

The $84 or $177 kit?

6. downforce137

downforce137 FRF Addict

I probably have the standard kit but I think you need 2...

7. Vash

Vash Full Access Member

The alignment kits carried by SDHQ are made by SPC. You’ll likely want the HD version as the normal version is meant for lighter use while the HD version specifically mentions being designed for the Raptor or hard use on an F-150. I’m currently running the HD alignment cam kits and doubler plates and haven’t had any issues with alignment after being offroad.

From SPC’s site:

86252 - F150 HD CAM KIT

“This heavy-duty cam-bolt kit was specifically designed for the extreme Raptor and F-150 user. Whether you are an energetic Raptor driver or abuse your F-150 in the fields and on the job site, you may have found that the OE bolts slip or that a single cam option does not hold alignment. This upgraded cam kit features two cams and bosses per bolt. The two cams will keep your bolt square and make adjustment easier while the new bolt and low friction finish achieve 25% more clamp load than the OE hardware. Some drilling is required to accommodate the second boss plate. This kit is sold per wheel and fits Raptors, non-Raptor F-150’s and related SUVs. SPC uses a hex chromate free finish and offers a 700hr salt spray test for the best corrosion protection available.”

and from their FAQ:
    “Q2: When would you use the 86252 vs the 86250?
    A2: The 86252 is designed to provide more clamp load than the OE bolt provides
    and offers two cams to make sure the bolt stays square during adjustment. SPC recommends it whenever the truck being worked on has had the OE cam bolt slip in the past or is going to be used in extreme situations. Just be aware, the kit cost twice as much and takes at least twice as long to install.”

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    richnot likes this.
  8. Peterb

Peterb Full Access Member

If you off road you want upper control arms that are alignment adjustable and slot delete and strengthening plates (weld in is best)
    if you don’t off road stock is fine even with new springs

9. TrewRaptor

TrewRaptor Full Access Member

TCR in Tucson, did the SPC with my Eibach install. Seems to be working well and everything is aligned.

10. II Sevv

II Sevv Full Access Member

The SPC kit, or any “alignment kit” for that matter, doesn’t add any additional alignment capability. All it does is add alignment cams to prevent your alignment being thrown off from vibration and impacts. If you want to add extra alignment capability you need adjustable upper control arms.