Cam phasers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
Awww. Upset because I proved your "amazing" source of ford "tech" WRONG. Hmmm.

I agree. I should sell it. Just to get away from this toxic forum and all the toxic members that are only interested in who can reply with the most clever insult.

I hope all your cam phasers fail... Oh wait. It time they will.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seriously man, You need to relax.

No, that would be you. Losing your mind over an issue that doesn’t exist.

I'm not stressing out because of this issue. It's just going to be a factor in me keeping the vehicle or not. This is a forum and, as such, people have an ability to voice themselves and gather information from others. I guess not from your stronghold in the ford world. So lets give everyone only YOUR point of view. Do as I say not as I do eh? Hmmm. Must be a liberal.

Forums are only as valuable as the factual information that is presented; otherwise it's the blind leading the blind. You've convinced yourself that you have an issue that doesn't exist. Politics are unrelated; it sounds like you're grasping at straws once again. It's a pattern with your posts.

Seriously? No credentials? Did you invent this? I've been working on cars probably before you were born. Who's making assumptions now?

So you've been changing your own oil for a few years? You are not a technician, you are not an engineer, you do not work in the automotive industry. No assumptions here, the truth is obvious. Yet you continue to perpetuate a failure mode that you made up. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Proof you have no idea what you're talking about and can't even remember what YOU said:

ME from today: "AND you said the builders didn't get the new parts of the new design until end of 2019"

FROM YOU Oct 23, 2020 at 12:18 PM : "The only ones that have exhibited repeat repairs are those that were either incorrectly repaired by the dealer or were repaired before the new service parts were released in 10/19." <<-------- SEE THAT.

This is the second time you've stated dates and later stated different dates so there's your proof.

So frkin relax FRANCES.

You are misquoting, and it's insulting at best. You don't understand how engines operate, you don't understand how VCT phasers work, and yet you’re trying to tell everyone there is something wrong with your truck because you hear mechanical noises when you put your ear up to the grille.

I’ve explained the difference between engineering part numbers and service part numbers as well as the production cutoff dates multiple times. All you are doing is stirring up confusion and spreading misinformation on this forum, and that helps nobody. Your truck is operating as designed, yet you're convinced it's in a constant state of disrepair. You need to just stop.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I agree. I should sell it. Just to get away from this toxic forum and all the toxic members that are only interested in who can reply with the most clever insult.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You are a very strange guy. You've proved nothing, other than the fact that you
are pretty weird.

T-Rex 7

Reaction score
May of 2019. If it was the phasers would it be every single start?

It will continue to make noise after starting and get louder as you get close to the end of your powertrain warranty. You will notice a engine knock while in traffic or at an idle. I know because I had my phaser assembly replaced 1,000 miles before my warranty ended for free after I contacted the Ford Headquarters and a friendly Ford dealership. My raptor run and sounds like a new vehicle.

T-Rex 7

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a really odd thread... been following this forum for a year, read it daily and I can without hesitation say that we are all lucky FordTechOne is also here and providing solid, “insider” info to us everyday truck owners.
Been through two rounds of cam phasers myself and it certainly wouldn’t be a cause to sell my truck. What the hell else would I drive... a Chevy?