Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor went in today, one week after diagnosis. My service advisor told me it should be done by Friday. They gave me a 19 Lariat Diesel loaner

Does anyone know if there's updated parts out there or same shit going back in?

Same stuff going back in. There is a guy on here that found the cause of the oil starvation to the cam phasers. He made revised parts and is testing now. Hopefully we will have a solution.
Ford told me to let mine continue to rattle and blow apart. That way, I can get a new engine. Not sure how that really helps because it will just happen again.

VegasG17

Reaction score
Same stuff going back in. There is a guy on here that found the cause of the oil starvation to the cam phasers. He made revised parts and is testing now. Hopefully we will have a solution.
Ford told me to let mine continue to rattle and blow apart. That way, I can get a new engine. Not sure how that really helps because it will just happen again.

That's ridiculous, why are they just pissing money away on parts and labor? How come some people have no issue and others do? This makes no sense to me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That's ridiculous, why are they just pissing money away on parts and labor? How come some people have no issue and others do? This makes no sense to me.

what’s ridiculous is listening the wisdom of internet engineers :)
especially ones that don’t even own Raptors.

Earlier on in one of the ubiquitous rattle threads there are part numbers listed on the receipt, they’re a revised part now according to the repair order that was pictured.

VegasG17

Reaction score
what’s ridiculous is listening the wisdom of internet engineers :)
especially ones that don’t even own Raptors.

Earlier on in one of the ubiquitous rattle threads there are part numbers listed on the receipt, they’re a revised part now according to the repair order that was pictured.

Sir, I looked around and couldn't find anything. Not to be a ball buster but do you have a link. Just for piece of mind I'd like to check my part numbers against it.

Thanks in advance.

- Matt

atl_raptor

Reaction score

How!? I’m going into month 4 and they still don’t have parts for my motor.. customer service takes a week in between calls. This is ridiculous.

VegasG17

Reaction score
How!? I’m going into month 4 and they still don’t have parts for my motor.. customer service takes a week in between calls. This is ridiculous.

Sir, I'm not sure what is going on with your dealership but I brought my truck in on 25 March for them to check out. They did two cold soak starts, diagnosed the issue and returned the truck to me. I dropped it of this past Tuesday morning and picked it up this morning. New timing belt, cams (phasers) and tensioners.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sir, I'm not sure what is going on with your dealership but I brought my truck in on 25 March for them to check out. They did two cold soak starts, diagnosed the issue and returned the truck to me. I dropped it of this past Tuesday morning and picked it up this morning. New timing belt, cams (phasers) and tensioners.

That will again fail. The guy here working on the fix has new parts coming that will fix what Ford has not been able to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.