Call from dealership today - so what's up with...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a dealership near me that said they will do 120% of KBB value. Well that put them at more than what I paid for my truck brand new. Would anyone really trade a two year old truck with 37k miles on it for a brand new one? It would be worth right under 48k according to them. I damn tempted to have them order me a exactly the same 2012 as my 2010.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm aware that its a sales tactic(maybe my attempt at sarcasm was poor this time), but I wonder if anyone has worked a decent deal while playing along

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
There is a dealership near me that said they will do 120% of KBB value. Well that put them at more than what I paid for my truck brand new. Would anyone really trade a two year old truck with 37k miles on it for a brand new one? It would be worth right under 48k according to them. I damn tempted to have them order me a exactly the same 2012 as my 2010.

Damn, that's crazy! Haven't heard of anything like that happening here. They must be getting a huge markup on Raptors right now.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only paid 43k out the door for mine took 6 months to get but worth the wait. It stickered for 49k. According to this dealership its worth 48 right now. I think its just bs to get me to come in there. Should go see if they will trade me straight up for a 2012 with same features.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing the tricks they play to try to get people into the dealership.

I saw a local dealer TV commercial yesterday that said "Come in today to take advantage of our 50% off sale. Yes, that's right! We give you 50% off the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Markup! That's 50% off!" I had to rewind the DVR to see it again. What the heck does that mean? I'm guessing they take the difference between invoice and sticker and give the buyer 50% off of that amount. :insane:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did this on my 09 Porsche cayenne gts. It was on a lease and the residuals were higher than Porsche thought so the local dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse, he pulled me out of my cayenne and
It me into the hybrid s model and my payment went down. It's a rare thing when it happens but nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd have fun with it. I'd walk in and say "okay, prove this isn't bait and switch because I've got the number to ___ (State's Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, Commerce Commission, Secretary of state, etc)."

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got a letter that said the same exact thing, straight to the garbage can it went.
Don't do it....5.4L's RULE!! :)

Why do you think 5.4L's RULE over 6.2L's? Just wondering because I have always heard the opposite.