California Raptor Price Fixing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any California buyers who purchased their truck (new) from a California dealership at factory MSRP?

kennypowers

Reaction score
I live in San Diego. The mark-ups here are so steep and you basically get laughed out of the dealership for suggesting even close to MSRP (I'm sure you are familiar with that as well!) That's why I ordered, and got 3k below MSRP

I'm sure some dealerships away from the coastal cities might be a lot better. (I'm think Bakersfield, Fresno, etc)

mike s

Reaction score
I bought my 18 in october from Armando at Ken Grody Ford at MSRP. Buena Park CA

They gotta ton of them and it was a good experience

Those guys are cool and easy to deal with

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know there are some dealerships that are willing to cater to their local customer base. I purchased from a Detroit dealership and had it courtesy delivered to a local dealership in Orange County, CA. I checked dealerships in OC, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and even some in central California but all wanted way above MSRP.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are so many things California should be ashamed of, this is just one of the minor problems. Go out of state, better dealers, less shim-sham, honest dealers, better pricing.
Bought my 2018 in Kansas City, MO and had a blast driving it home.
Forget California!

Dust Devil

Reaction score
I bought my 18 in october from Armando at Ken Grody Ford at MSRP. Buena Park CA

They gotta ton of them and it was a good experience

Those guys are cool and easy to deal with
Crazy, They wanted 20K ADM in November. I laughed and kept looking.

Dust Devil

Reaction score
There are so many things California should be ashamed of, this is just one of the minor problems. Go out of state, better dealers, less shim-sham, honest dealers, better pricing.
Bought my 2018 in Kansas City, MO and had a blast driving it home.
Forget California!

Same. 2019 Invoice no haggle. Had to drive it home from NC. Every dealer in CA I called wanted 10-25K ADM.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Morgan Hill near San Jose has done MSRP since day one. The waiting list is usually pretty long although it might be better now that GEN2's are more abundant.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine a 2018 SCREW 802A @ Penske in La Mesa (San Diego) @ MSRP back in September of 2017. No hassles and straight fwd. Sales man said they only sell Raptors @ MSRP.

Now the rest of CA was a joke.