Buying Raptor from out of state of CA, Is it still doable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So to be clear. I'm good in CA with this one?

View attachment 142161
100%. Ford is so stupid. Every Raptor is 50 state emissions legal. And it isn't just CA BTW, there are several other states that follow CARB. Since every Raptor is CA emissions compliant, EVERY ******* WINDOW STICKER SHOULD HAVE THE CA EMISSIONS OPTION LISTED as this would remove all this unnecessary confusion. If you order a Raptor with CA emissions, there is literally no difference in the hardware in the truck or the sticker in the engine bay - as I said before it is literally a line item on the window sticker. But because Ford lists CA emissions as an 'option', this makes dealers shit their shorts when someone from CA wants to buy a truck that does not have the CA option. I can theorize why this is, my guess is the redneck snowflakes can't handle the fact that their trucks meet treehugger standards, but I'm of course, just guessing.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside of In-n-Out Burger, I can't see why anyone would live in CA!

There's In-n-Outs in Nevada... just sayin. And that's still within an easy driving distance to Yosemite, Tahoe, although; it'd be quite a ways away from the beach but, eh... spent 8 years living on it.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ OP and anyone else seeking a Raptor in CA... I ordered mine from a local dealer brand new. Fully loaded 2020 SCREW, MSRP around $72k - purchase price $66k (ordered 2/7, took delivery 3/31). If you're looking out of state, make sure to add whatever it will cost to ship or fly out/drive back. I'm not trying to criticize or tell people what to do but, you may be able to save yourself some hassle. Getting a decent deal in CA is doable. PM me if you'd like the dealer info, I'm sure he'd love the business.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. So when did you lose your taste buds?
You must have lost yours as first of all, their burgers are way too salty, that's probably what you like, second, their fries suck rhino dung. I would say that LA is the burger mecca so many of the places that i would list you would not know anyway - but one chain you probably do is fatburger. WAYYYYY better than in n out.