Buying a 2012 with HIGH miles...Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lolo71

Reaction score
I am looking into buying a 2012 SVT Raptor that has 194,000 miles. It is a southern truck so there is little to no rust. The body and interior are in great condition. Has anyone out there had experience with a Raptor with such high miles? Any problems with the 6.2L V8? Any other issues besides normal wear and tear?
Thank you!!!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am looking into buying a 2012 SVT Raptor that has 194,000 miles. It is a southern truck so there is little to no rust. The body and interior are in great condition. Has anyone out there had experience with a Raptor with such high miles? Any problems with the 6.2L V8? Any other issues besides normal wear and tear?
Thank you!!!

There are a couple threads on here regarding purchase of used Raptors and what to look for. I'd read through them.

Got any photos or a link to the for sale ad? Dealer purchase?

A few high lights...
  • Check Fuse 27. It should not show any sighs for burning. Get the relocation kit completed.
  • Rear third brake light likes to leak. Look behind the padding the rear cab, you'll see water marks in the dust if it has leaked.
  • Shock will need to be rebuild
  • does it have any mods? You'll want to check them over...
  • find out when all the fluids where changed last?
  • the engine will be fine, but somethings do wear out. I.e. belt tensioner and idler pulleys. probably needs a new belt too.

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
history is also good to know, was it towing horse trailors all its life.?. not that it matters, but what price point is the truck.?.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it is a dealer, I would make them install the fuse 27 relocation kit.

I would also make sure the blend door for the ac works and both seat heaters. And have them change the seat ac filter. They are not cheap.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

OP
OP
L

Lolo71

Reaction score
Thank you for your input, the info you have given me so far will be very helpful. We have to ask as many questions as possible because the truck is in Texas and we are in Michigan!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a couple threads on here regarding purchase of used Raptors and what to look for. I'd read through them.

Got any photos or a link to the for sale ad? Dealer purchase?

A few high lights...
  • Check Fuse 27. It should not show any sighs for burning. Get the relocation kit completed.
  • Rear third brake light likes to leak. Look behind the padding the rear cab, you'll see water marks in the dust if it has leaked.
  • Shock will need to be rebuild
  • does it have any mods? You'll want to check them over...
  • find out when all the fluids where changed last?
  • the engine will be fine, but somethings do wear out. I.e. belt tensioner and idler pulleys. probably needs a new belt too.

whats the deal with fuse 27?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would pay for an outside inspection where they would kroll under, scan and drive the truck. it may cost $100-$200 but well worth it. I have a dealership and I had a customer do independent inspection. I did sell the car and the customer go a full report on all ins and outs. good luck

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

It has a lot in common with the galaxy note 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you think I should get a fire extinguisher?:baby: