Buyers BEWARE..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. When I got a flat in my M5, the tow driver refused to touch it. Made me drive it onto the flatbed myself.

Was that a maroon M5?? I think I remember seeing one at the dealership when you were test driving the white supercab. I had a white M5 that I powder coated the stock wheels black before I Raptored my world. It would have made a good little brother for the truck but it was time to move on from the V10 beast.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. When I got a flat in my M5, the tow driver refused to touch it. Made me drive it onto the flatbed myself.

I had an M5 also, unfortunately it got towed all the time on flatbeds due to recurring electrical issues. The driver's never complained, but I always stood out there to watch since it was loooow clearance.

Was that a maroon M5?? I think I remember seeing one at the dealership when you were test driving the white supercab. I had a white M5 that I powder coated the stock wheels black before I Raptored my world. It would have made a good little brother for the truck but it was time to move on from the V10 beast.

How many ******* stories are you and I gonna have in common?
I too was an M5'er at one point before I Raptored my world:

2001 e39 M5
Carbon Black/Caramel Interior (BMW's Carbon Black is more like super-duper dark midnight blue).
6 Spd Manual Trans.
Dinan Stage 1 Flywheel & Clutch
Dinan Short-Shift Kit
Hamman Black Kidney Grilles

I hit 170 miles-an-hour in it once..... I loved that car.
Clearly kglesq and Raptizzle are gentlemen of superior intellect with fine taste in automobiles. :)

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I had an M5 also, unfortunately it got towed all the time on flatbeds due to recurring electrical issues. The driver's never complained, but I always stood out there to watch since it was loooow clearance.

2001 e39 M5
Carbon Black/Caramel Interior (BMW's Carbon Black is more like super-duper dark midnight blue).
6 Spd Manual Trans.
Dinan Short-Shift Kit

Clearly kglesq and Raptizzle are gentlemen of superior intellect with fine taste in automobiles. :)

Meh - them square head units are great on the autobahn but you're ****** when it comes to speed bumps... enjoy the Raptor and being able to launch off north american speed deterrants...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh - them square head units are great on the autobahn but you're ****** when it comes to speed bumps... enjoy the Raptor and being able to launch off north american speed deterrants...

Thankfully there are no speed bumps on the track or highway, but I hear ya.
....I'm having more fun in my Raptor than I did in that car.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score

2001 e39 M5
6 Spd Manual Trans.
Dinan Short-Shift Kit

I love that color. My '65 Fastback will be wearing Carbon Black Metallic stripes... hopefully within the next few months.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I sold a '03 530i 5 spd manual to get my Raptor. BMW knows how to make high speed cruise missiles, for sure. Loved that car but after a day in those sport seats my back was killing me.

autowerks racing

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
In a previous life I owned a large car rental company, thankfully for me I sold that biz in 07 right before our economy collapsed. When we bought cars we bought them by the hundreds and they would drop directly off at my lot via transport truck. I have seen some really stupid damage occur while cars were being unloaded. Now that I am in the bodyshop biz I fix alot of transport damage for dealers. you guys would be amazed at some of the stuff that goes on that is never conveyed to the buyer

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Haha...seriously though!!

Here is a pic of the former g-ride:
M5012.jpg

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
That's gonna look great. What color will the rest of the body be?

The color that's in the lead right now is PPG Titanium... basically a silver with a pewter tinge to it.

And I'm not going to do the same tired Shelby stripes that everyone does. They actually look more like a classic Chevelle or Camaro SS stripe... a little wider and with the thinner perimeter accent stripe. I also don't like the fact that the Shelby stripes run all the way down through the front and rear valances. These will be hood and deck lid only (no roof). The rear stripes will die at the bottom edge of the trunk. I think it'll look good since I want to use a flat/semi gloss black on the tail light panel.

I know that was probably more info than you wanted but I'm good at TMI.:)