Buy ESP or Not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhuertta

Reaction score
Hi guys so I have a 19 screw Raptor with 69k miles (expired warranty) and have been having an oil leak and transmission that likes to act funny shifting onto 8th gear (only on normal mode, sport seems to be fine). Took it last week to get checked out and service manager advised on buying the Ford Premium Care to be able to cover the repairs on the oil leak and possible transmission issue. 2yr/40k for 4000 something or 4yr/60k for 5000 something. Did not get diagnosed yet in case I would like to go with the Premium Care there’s no red flags. What do you guys think? Buy it or go with just repairs. I was thinking at least premium care would cover transmission, turbos, engine for my peace of mind. But just currently stuck on the decision. Please give me opinions, thank you!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re asking if we would be unethical, if you buy the warranty after it expires my understanding is they have a dealer inspection first. If not, are you going to tell them about the tranny and leak? If you do, I bet ur rate goes way up or they exclude those items.

OP
OP
bhuertta

bhuertta

Reaction score
You’re asking if we would be unethical, if you buy the warranty after it expires my understanding is they have a dealer inspection first. If not, are you going to tell them about the tranny and leak? If you do, I bet ur rate goes way up or they exclude those items.
I did tell them about the tranny and the leak and that’s what the manager suggested being that I was out of warranty. He cleared my pre inspection so I’m good to go. I guess what im asking if is i should buy the warranty knowing I will trade in truck in about a year or two. Or just skip out on the warranty and risk a turbo or tranny failure that I’ll have to pay out of pocket.

OP
OP
bhuertta

bhuertta

Reaction score
Side note, I wanted them to diagnose it but the service manager advised to hold off in case the truck came back with serious issues it wouldn’t void my opportunity to get premium care.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Side note, I wanted them to diagnose it but the service manager advised to hold off in case the truck came back with serious issues it wouldn’t void my opportunity to get premium care.
Didn’t you have the transmission serviced and the dealer overfilled it? If it’s damaged they need to cover the repairs on their end. It sounds like they’re trying to screw both you and Ford by having you spend the money on an extended warranty plan so they can submit a claim for the damage they caused by overfilling it.

OP
OP
bhuertta

bhuertta

Reaction score
Didn’t you have the transmission serviced and the dealer overfilled it? If it’s damaged they need to cover the repairs on their end. It sounds like they’re trying to screw both you and Ford by having you spend the money on an extended warranty plan so they can submit a claim for the damage they caused by overfilling it.
Yea I’m taking it Monday so they can actually see what the issue is. It also looks like it may be leaking due to a seal/gasket. So idk if it’s venting fluid and creating blow back or it’s actually just the minor leak from seal blowing back. I guess I won’t know till Monday. The 8th gear shifting funny was also an issue before the transmission flush, but I find it odd that it doesn’t “jerk” when it engages the 8th gear on sport mode. I just want to go back to when the wastegtate rattle was my issue and was able to fix with a $2 door spring from Lowe’s lol.

OP
OP
bhuertta

bhuertta

Reaction score
Yea I’m taking it Monday so they can actually see what the issue is. It also looks like it may be leaking due to a seal/gasket. So idk if it’s venting fluid and creating blow back or it’s actually just the minor leak from seal blowing back. I guess I won’t know till Monday. The 8th gear shifting funny was also an issue before the transmission flush, but I find it odd that it doesn’t “jerk” when it engages the 8th gear on sport mode. I just want to go back to when the wastegtate rattle was my issue and was able to fix with a $2 door spring from Lowe’s lol.
F2802509-4EC9-4CF5-ADE8-613FF1BC7CF4.jpeg

Attachments

• B8408D2B-6909-4427-9FF2-69E6823FF26F.jpeg
    B8408D2B-6909-4427-9FF2-69E6823FF26F.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 18
  • CB8BC462-4377-4AED-8542-795A0C41BDE1.jpeg
    CB8BC462-4377-4AED-8542-795A0C41BDE1.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 8D352B9D-E8F7-43AD-A04A-2B64FE52FFC1.jpeg
    8D352B9D-E8F7-43AD-A04A-2B64FE52FFC1.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 93B1EDFB-D330-4B8D-AB4D-0C30970F8052.jpeg
    93B1EDFB-D330-4B8D-AB4D-0C30970F8052.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 18

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there is fluid residue above the pan, that’s from the vent. Don’t let the dealer try and tell you it’s a separate issue; they overfilled it which is all too common.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fwiw I just got a used esp premium care warranty from a dealer in Florida. 4yr, 50k miles for 3,700

Seems like they are overcharging on that too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter