Buy ESP or Not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bhuertta

bhuertta

Reaction score
If there is fluid residue above the pan, that’s from the vent. Don’t let the dealer try and tell you it’s a separate issue; they overfilled it which is all too common.
I’m going to mention that it started leaking after the flush was done. See what they say after that. I’m feeling like they’re going to say they have reseal it. So maybe not worth getting the ESP since it runs fine aside from that. No lights or codes either.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess what im asking if is i should buy the warranty knowing I will trade in truck in about a year or two.
I would only buy a warranty if I planned to keep the vehicle. I'd cross my fingers and be ready to trade 'er in at short notice.

OP
OP
bhuertta

bhuertta

Reaction score
I would only buy a warranty if I planned to keep the vehicle. I'd cross my fingers and be ready to trade 'er in at short notice.
Yea that’s the position I’m in, I love the truck enough to have her for the long haul but if she’s going to start acting up then maybe it’s time to part ways especially since I’m out of warranty

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In CA, you can't purchase out of state warranties anymore - new law went into effect March 1st so yea you are definitely going to pay more in CA for an ESP. I would make them fix the tranny issue and if you plan on trading the truck in soonish (1 year or so) I would pass on the warranty. If anything comes up you can always trade it in earlier and let the dealer taking the vehicle find the issues for themselves. If you're going to keep it, fins a warranty at a good price and keep enjoying it!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I’m going to mention that it started leaking after the flush was done. See what they say after that. I’m feeling like they’re going to say they have reseal it. So maybe not worth getting the ESP since it runs fine aside from that. No lights or codes either.
I believe Ford states NOT to flush the transmission on a Raptor.

FordTechOne?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter