Bus Bar in Fuse Box: Good for Constant 12V Power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m running a wire (6 AWG, inline 40A fuse) to the battery, and I’m wondering, can I connect to the bus bar on the side of the fuse box (outlined in red below)? This bus is connected directly to the battery with a short, thick cable. Am I gonna mess up any sensitive computer ******** if I do this instead of literally going to the battery + terminal?

Reason is that I can make the install look super clean if I go this route.

3E981326-2AD1-4889-95AC-C4C0E0FBB269.jpeg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It shouldn’t be different than a direct connection

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure to find out what that busbar’s amp rating is. Also determine how close the bus bar is to it’s max with what’s connected to it now.

I can’t imagine FOMOCO using a bus bar that has a higher rating than what loads they have planned for that bus bar to handle. I mean look at the thin gauge of the AUX wires.

This has “voided warranty” written all over it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m running a wire (6 AWG, inline 40A fuse) to the battery, and I’m wondering, can I connect to the bus bar on the side of the fuse box (outlined in red below)? This bus is connected directly to the battery with a short, thick cable. Am I gonna mess up any sensitive computer ******** if I do this instead of literally going to the battery + terminal?

Reason is that I can make the install look super clean if I go this route.

View attachment 157953

Those are fused, and the fuses are rated for the load that the circuit is designed for. If you connect your equipment there you risk overloading the BJB or blowing the fuse.

OP
OP
DINOZR

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are fused, and the fuses are rated for the load that the circuit is designed for. If you connect your equipment there you risk overloading the BJB or blowing the fuse.

Didn't realize this. I traced the connection of the first bus terminal back to the positive terminal and didn't find a fuse on that cable, but I must have missed it. I'll just go straight to the positive terminal. Thanks for the feedback.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the non raptor BJB, The spot that shows to be empty on your PDF shows to be for glow plug control module (Fuse 110) 125 AMP. Just pointing out what i see and in no way am i saying this is what it is... But worth a look.

Attachments

• Fuse _ Relay Information 1.pdf
    457.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Fuse _ Relay Information 5.pdf
    109.1 KB · Views: 7

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't realize this. I traced the connection of the first bus terminal back to the positive terminal and didn't find a fuse on that cable, but I must have missed it. I'll just go straight to the positive terminal. Thanks for the feedback.
I believe the 1st lug is connected directly to the battery and supplies power to the BJB.

OP
OP
DINOZR

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the non raptor BJB, The spot that shows to be empty on your PDF shows to be for glow plug control module (Fuse 110) 125 AMP. Just pointing out what i see and in no way am i saying this is what it is... But worth a look.

That's good information. Thanks. Though my "empty" label means that there is literally no metal in the socket to take a voltage reading from with my multimeter. So it's not just "unused," it is no-shit "EMPTY."

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's good information. Thanks. Though my "empty" label means that there is literally no metal in the socket to take a voltage reading from with my multimeter. So it's not just "unused," it is no-shit "EMPTY."

Ha! I haven’t looked so I assumed it may have been populated but no lug.