GEN 2 Burger Motorsports JB4 tuner install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CurtZX

Reaction score
Put the Jb4 on a couple days ago. Takes 5 minutes to put on, fire it up and in sport mode it's a pleasant difference. Feels like right between stock and a flash tune, but easy enough to remove if you are concerned about warranty issues. I'd say for the price, In my opinion, this mod is a no brainer for the Raptor. Very nice product!

Cdcorn1

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more with CurtZX’s description of the feel and performance. I’ve had mine installed for about a month without any problems.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ installed mine last weekend.... We only have 91 out here but I definitely notice a gain in the mid range acceleration... You can feel the improvement due to the added boost.

Nothing crazy but for the price and ease of install definitely a good mod.

Derrick Hernandez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to give this one a try. Used to run JB4 on my 335i with great results and customer service. Currently running Cobb but would like to see how they compare to each other.

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
post on n54tech.com in the raptor thread- but read thru it first maybe its been seen

FoShizzle

Reaction score
Just thought I’d check in here with a positive review... I’ve put on about 30k miles now with the JB4 and it’s been great. The Bluetooth adapter is awesome for real-time monitoring and on-the-fly map switching.
I’ve had to uninstall and reinstall it twice for 2 warranty work dealer visits unrelated the to the engine without issue.
I run map 2 on 91 octane daily and bump up to map 5 with an E85 mix. I’ve got the JB4 tuned BMW for a ‘fast’ car, but the Raptor really MOVES with the JB4!

I’m not affiliated with BMS in any way, but I’ve been running their tunes for 10+ years now on various platforms so I can honestly say they’re 100% legit.
Nothing wrong with COBB or the other tunes I’m sure, but with everyone jumping on the COBB bandwagon right now I need to say this.... I’ve seen COBB come and go on other platforms, but BMS is STILL in the game and active with R&D. THAT should say something.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the JB4 at all--I have theirs on my BMW 335 and its a rocket ship! They have been tuning BMW's forever and they are into anything with turbos. They have some very fast cars in their inventory for sure!